PDA

View Full Version : On the verge of a panic attack all day!

Ethansmom
07-01-18, 22:56
I posted a few days ago about my pharmacy giving me a different generic brand of klonopin. I am having a terrible reaction to it, so bad that I'm on the verge of a panic attack and have been very uncomfortable all day long. I took a xanax today instead of the the klnopin and its barely helping. I'm so scared of the anxiety symptoms. I have internal shaking , a fast heart rate and I just can't calm my body or brain down. I am supposed to get my regular klonopin tomorrow and I have an appointment with my psych tomorrow. I'm taking pristiq and Im wondering if that's playing a part in it?? Its been about a month now. Any a advice on how I can calm down?? I have a little one to look after . my husband is here with me tonight but just tells me to calm down. That doesnt help! I need major support tonight. I'm in tears.

Mindprison
08-01-18, 00:11
Honestly I think all of this is psychosomatic. You've got yourself believing that just because the medication is a different brand it's somehow making your anxiety worse. A lot of us posted on your last thread explaining that generic brands don't work the way you think it does.

There are very strict rules that need to be followed for a generic medication to be allowed to be used.

Your anxiety isn't worse because of the medication, it's worse because you've got yourself believing something that isn't true.

Placebo works both ways, believe a medication will work and you'll feel benefits. Believe it will hurt you and you'll start experiencing anxiety symptoms.

nomorepanic
08-01-18, 00:25
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Chris 614
08-01-18, 00:39
Being afraid of the panic and symptoms will only prolong the physical stuff. You're continuing to flood your body with adrenalin which just keep the anxiety going. I know this because I have done it to myself as well. For me, different things work. Usually it's something as mundane as loading the dishwasher, cleaning the litter boxes, any kind of cleaning really. Claire Weekes says that "interest is anxiety's worst enemy." Because as soon as our brain loses focus on our self, the anxiety starts to diminish.

You have worked yourself up about the klonopin generic. It is highly unlikely that the active ingredients are any different than the other generic, but I understand why it threw you off and made you anxious. It's good you took the xanax...did you take enough? You said it wasn't helping.

You are capable of calming yourself down. We all are. It's hard, I know. But you have it inside of you.

Ethansmom
09-01-18, 19:17
Thank you for your support. Chris- I was given my regular brand klonopin last night and I think it might take awhile to build up. I felt slightly better last night, but woke up again with that internal trembling. My heart rate is also resting at 96, which is normal with anxiety, I suppose. I think it will take a few days for the klonopin to build up in my system again. I do know that that my fearing my shaking, i'm dumping more adrenaline in my system. It's a vicious cycle. I am going to try having some lunch now, and then settle in my work. It might be time for another klonopin soon.

I hoping it's not from the pristiq I started a month ago. Anyway, whatever it is ... i'm hoping it will go away if I stop thinking about it.