PDA

View Full Version : Piles, Fissures ... or worse?

Gail May
08-01-18, 17:11
Hi, Have not been on here in ages as things have been good for me. However am going through a bad time at the moment. All last year I followed a low carb, exercise regime taking a protein whey drink every day. Started to suffer with an itchy bottom but as I was a little constipated did not really worry. After 9 months this got bad and really became a problem when walking around. Tried otc cream, but only helped for a while. Came off the diet as read that the whey drink does make some people have an itchy bottom. Waited a few months but did not change. Went to Dr in November. He did not examine me but gave me stronger cream. This did not help at all. I am now really anxious. Whilst the itching is not too bad, my bottom goes through feeling sore, itchy, prickly and the sensation is never in the same place, but moves around. I do have a couple of tags but can't see any hemmies or fissures, nor has it ever bled. Whilst i go regularly every day, it is not satisfying and I do not get a strong urge to go. I am obviously going to go back to my doctor, but wondered if anyone else had these symptoms, and if they had gone on for some time. People say these things clear up quickly, but mine have gone on for sometime, although some days are better than others. Sorry for the long post but am becoming obsessed!

toddsmum
08-01-18, 17:20
Skin tags can get damaged and irritated, especially if they have little stalks or rolled edges. That can trap moisture underneath and cause a fungal infection. Could it becoming from them? You could try a little canesten/hydrocortisone cream from the pharmacy and see if that helps while waiting to see your doctor if it's that area that's itchy, feels strange.

ServerError
08-01-18, 17:21
I'm having very similar symptoms, I promise you. A couple of weeks ago I was actually in really bad pain. I've had five rectal exams in the last month or so. Nothing there.

The doctors don't seem concerned about my symptoms. They think it's IBS related and/or irritation of the nerves related to constipation and anxiety. Obviously I can't say that our issues are the same, but it's worth remembering that anal/rectal discomfort in young (and even middle aged) people is almost never a sign of anything sinister.