PDA

View Full Version : Lung pain/breathlessness

Pandarug
08-01-18, 19:05
So last night I was lying in bed and I had a feeling as though I wasn’t breathing fully or I needed to breathe deeper. My chest felt achy and i was uncomfortable until I found a good position to where I wasn’t bothered. It went away right before I went to sleep. Before that, in the day time and days before, I had like this ticklish pain in the middle of my left lung, sometimes on my right side too. It was pretty light, i don’t believe it was stabbing. It really only came if I was sitting in a car for some reason, it would show up for a few moments then go away.
Also I’ve been a little more tired than I usually am.
When I had a URTI and I was coughing I had pain in my lower left lung, in the front and to the side. This was a much different pain, but still it was lung pain. But that pain has gone away and only showed up when I was coughing. I just got over that infection about a week ago. I’ve coughed like 2 times since then, and my voice has been a little horse, especially when I’m singing.
My whole rib cage is achy now but I’ve been fine with breathing so far today, that breathing thing has happened in small bouts maybe like 2-3 times since my infection has went away but I’m pretty sure those other times were just from me breathing through my nose and not getting enough air. I also had this problem like in August but it happened for a week then went away.

I’m really scared this could be ~~ the c word that has spread!! I have a lymph node in my neck and my groin that have been swollen forever and they terrify me. They’ve been big for at least 3 years but 3 years ago is just when I noticed them. I also had another one in my groin 3 years ago but it’s not there anymore.

Aaaaa what should I do, I knew my health anxiety was going to kick up again :^(.

Fishmanpa
08-01-18, 19:10
Aaaaa what should I do

Have you spoken to your parents about it? What did they say?

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
08-01-18, 19:19
Have you spoken to your parents about it? What did they say?

Positive thoughts

I haven’t told them this yet but there’s no reason in trying

Fishmanpa
08-01-18, 20:00
I haven’t told them this yet but there’s no reason in trying

If you went to them and said something to the effect of...

Mom, Dad... I'm having a real problem with anxiety about my health. I think every little niggle is cancer and it's driving me crazy. I've even joined an on-line forum of anxiety sufferers and they're telling me to talk to you about getting help. I know you think I should just pull myself together but I'm at wits end and I don't know what to do. I need help.

My daughter suffers from anxiety and depression and came to me to talk when she was 18. I, along her mother, made sure she got professional help and she's doing great now. She's on meds and goes to therapy. Graduated college and is teaching pre-schoolers (her dream job). She has her moments but knows how to manage them now.

What I'm saying is you're much too young to be suffering needlessly over the irrational things your mind is telling you. Truly, real life professional help would be a good thing for you.

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
09-01-18, 00:04
:yesyes:

What I'm saying is you're much too young to be suffering needlessly over the irrational things your mind is telling you. Truly, real life professional help would be a good thing for you.

Positive thoughts

Thank you for always replying to My posts :^)

I’ve told them about it, I told my doctor about it and she told me about the consulting that I’m going to. But the bad thing is that it’s January 27th so I have to wait. Also my sister just left for the week and me being in my room alone scares me so much because it reminds me of the horrible situations and thoughts I thought a few weeks ago when my anxiety first began and was terrible. I don’t want to die but what if it’s too late?? I have things that no one seems to be able to explain

Fishmanpa
09-01-18, 00:31
By consulting I assume you mean attention/treatment for your anxiety? The 27th is not that far off. Take some peace that help is on the way :)

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
09-01-18, 01:46
By consulting I assume you mean attention/treatment for your anxiety? The 27th is not that far off. Take some peace that help is on the way :)

Positive thoughts

Yes that’s what I mean. But uuuuh one question... what do you think of my symptoms??

Fishmanpa
09-01-18, 02:13
But uuuuh one question... what do you think of my symptoms??

I don't :lac: :winks:

Positive thoughts

Pandarug
09-01-18, 03:15
I don't :lac: :winks:

Positive thoughts
That made me laugh x^)

Pandarug
09-01-18, 12:38
So right now I have the breathlessness again!!! It hasn’t happened in the morning yet