PDA

View Full Version : Brain cancer or really bad anxiety

bubx
09-01-18, 08:48
So yesterday it was storming like crazy. I had my phone in my hands and when a lightning struck down, I swear it was on top of my house. In that moment, I felt my hand go numb and so I stepped away from my phone. At the same time my mum complained that she too felt a numbness. This subsided but between yesterday evening and today I have felt random pricks of numbness? That last for about a second in each location on my hands and legs. They feel like mild pin pricks along my body and come and go. Should I be seeking medical attention and asking for a brain scan?

Chris 614
09-01-18, 09:30
I don't understand. Do you think there is a relationship between the lightning striking, the phone in your hand, and brain cancer? Is that what you are saying?

bubx
09-01-18, 09:32
I can’t tell whether the weird prickly pins and needles sensation is from the lightning or brain cancer

countrygirl
09-01-18, 09:58
Much more likely to be consequence of the lightning strike due to the massive electrical field created. As your mum also experienced numbness this makes it even more likely. Obviously if the transient numbness etc does not resolve in time its worth asking a dr about it but purely in relation to effects of lightning strike.

bubx
09-01-18, 10:12
Thanks for the replies. Yeah it has subsided a little and seems to be obvious when I focus on it. My mum did mention feeling a little itchy today :huh: . I'm honestly so so so so scared it's a brain tumour. I googled it this morning and it is scarier than anything I thought I had before

bubx
09-01-18, 22:49
Update : the tingling is gone. I woke up at 6am feelings so stressed but without a headache. Woke up again at 8 with this pressure feeling above my eyes and on my neck. Is this yet another indication of a brain tumour?

Fishmanpa
09-01-18, 22:57
Update : the tingling is gone. I woke up at 6am feelings so stressed but without a headache. Woke up again at 8 with this pressure feeling above my eyes and on my neck. Is this yet another indication of a brain tumour?

Do you want us to say yes? I ask because you keep asking :shrug:

Positive thoughts

Careful1
10-01-18, 00:16
Relax, you do not have brain cancer... I live in Florida and have had this happen to me a few times when lighting strikes close by... Once I even had all my hairs stand up and I felt like static.. Your mom felt the same thing you felt... Surely both of you dont have brain cancer at the same time????

Dont waste anymore time worrying over this.

bubx
10-01-18, 02:32
Thanks for replying. I am feeling a bit better today. My mind can't help but travel to these places. Perhaps I'll go to my GP just in case. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself