PDA

View Full Version : Heart related HA, cardiologist appointment tomorrow -very anxious!

braveinfiction
09-01-18, 13:53
How do you guys deal with this? I've gotten to the point where I LOATHE going inside of hospitals/doctors and this is an entirely new experience. My BP is always super high and I'm so freaked out that they're going to find something wrong with me and all my fears for the past year will just be confirmed. I also have to go in from 6-9 tonight for computer training for my new job, so that's kinda shitty timing. Today I've been getting this kind of feeling like I'm sweating on my forehead, but when I check it, I'm not. I've felt this before, but everything is so amplified as I'm approaching this appointment. It's like everything has been building to this and I keep dramatizing and catastrophizing it in my mind.

O_O
09-01-18, 14:01
How do you guys deal with this? I've gotten to the point where I LOATHE going inside of hospitals/doctors and this is an entirely new experience. My BP is always super high and I'm so freaked out that they're going to find something wrong with me and all my fears for the past year will just be confirmed. I also have to go in from 6-9 tonight for computer training for my new job, so that's kinda shitty timing. Today I've been getting this kind of feeling like I'm sweating on my forehead, but when I check it, I'm not. I've felt this before, but everything is so amplified as I'm approaching this appointment. It's like everything has been building to this and I keep dramatizing and catastrophizing it in my mind.

I'm afraid I have no idea how to deal with it, but I know how you feel.

I've felt on several occasions that one particular appointment or test is going to be 'it', the thing that everything has been building towards, the time when a doctor finally looks me in the eye and tells me that they've found something. So far, I've been wrong every time. So I guess that goes to show that, even if you feel very strongly that something like that is going to happen, it doesn't mean it is.

Of course, I still feel that something terrible is coming my way. I've just been wrong about the timing.

Perhaps take a diazepam or something before the appointment, if you have them?

braveinfiction
09-01-18, 14:06
I do have ativan and probably will take it as I have been, but I'm not technically prescribed them. I'm going to actually mention this to the cardio, because whether there is or isn't something wrong with my heart or something else, the anxiety is just too much and I can't keep relying on drugs that my GP just isn't willing to prescribe.

braveinfiction
10-01-18, 10:22
Welp, todays the day. Kept waking up throughout the night and that's crappy since I've already been having fatigue throughout the day. Checked my blood pressure on a hunch when I got up and sure enough, it was sky high as expected. I'm completely freaking out about this. I know it's gonna be as high if not higher down there and that in it self is annoying. I know it's due to my anxiety, but people always look at me so oddly when I get my BP checked in these places and it's ridiculously high. I just want to this to be over and to know something. Even though I suspect this will just lead to another appointment down the road.

Chris 614
10-01-18, 20:59
How did your appointment go?