PDA

View Full Version : Terrified it's melanoma

Halle0587
09-01-18, 16:17
I have a diagonal short line coming from the right side of my big toe. I think k wore tight shoes where my toes were crammed and that did it, but it's been there since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It's not black, it's not straight, it's diagonal and brownish. I don't think it's growing out with my toe nail, and I don't think it's growing. No pain. Anyone have this? I'm terrified it's melanoma. My ARNP is sending me to podiatry tomorrow. I've cried since leaving be office this morning.

O_O
09-01-18, 16:19
I expect it's a blood blister or bruise from wearing tight shoes. I've had that.

Melanomas under the nail tend to be straight and aligned with the direction of growth of the nail and span the length of the whole nail.

Halle0587
09-01-18, 23:38
Thank you. I'm new to the site. It's helped with a lot of my fears. My mom was diagnosed in 2015 without a primary so it's definitely something I always worry about.

I guess I was expecting my ARNP to shrug it off, but even she seemed like, "it's best you get in quickly."

ariana95
09-01-18, 23:53
Yes, don't be worried. Doesn't sound like melanoma! :)

O_O
10-01-18, 09:42
Thank you. I'm new to the site. It's helped with a lot of my fears. My mom was diagnosed in 2015 without a primary so it's definitely something I always worry about.

I guess I was expecting my ARNP to shrug it off, but even she seemed like, "it's best you get in quickly."

That does sound scary, but hopefully she's just being cautious given your mum's history.

At least you'll have your appointment today. I hope everything goes well!

Halle0587
15-05-18, 01:49
Wanted to update people who may have the same concern. The picture of the line lower on my toe was taken in January-two months after I noticed it. I scared myself to the point of not eating and crying constantly. When I saw a podiatrist (by derm request) he said it would take months to grow out, that it wasn’t melanoma. Matter of fact, he said that walking into the room with one quick glimpse. So I’ve gone months without nail polish or a pedicure to let it grow out. The tight shoes were worn at the end of October 2017. It’s mid-May now and ALMOST grown out!

Halle0587
15-05-18, 01:52
Pictures