PDA

View Full Version : New to this site, in need of help please!!

MartinoCGY34
09-01-18, 23:26
Hello everyone, I am a 21 year old male that is having some troubles.

Here is my story...

It all started in the summer time where I developed a lump in my chest that turned out to be a lipoma when I though it was cancerous. After that my attention went to lymph nodes, testicular cancer, colon cancer, brain tumour, als, and MS. My main issue now is with MS. The colon cancer fear is what really did my brain in because I convinced myself I had it due to the symptoms I was experiencing. During this time I developed weak legs, twitching, and just a sense of giving up on life. After the doctor reassured me that it was just stress, the stomach pains, loose bowel movements all went away. But wait, then I had constant headaches for a month and the twitching persisted so I definitely thought I had a brain tumour. I went to the ER had 3 neurological tests done, they checked my eyes and finally ordered a CT scan. That came back clear and I felt the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. A few days after that I developed a cold wet feeling on my face but of course it was not wet. I was still stressed at this time because the headache did not go away. I went to the doctors he says it was stress and the headache literally went away a day after and I was finally able to sleep, although the cold sensation and feeling of water dripping down my cheek was still there. At this time the twitching subsided and one day I decided enough is enough and I played video games and forgot about the water sensation and surely enough it went away. Here and there it would come back but my mind tuned it out and I was pretty much myself for about a month and a half. I felt like finally I came out of this cycle. Then I started worrying about my vision, even though I had it checked by my eye doctor and it was fine. From there I worried about my heart and I thought I had heart issues like my dad. I went to the ER they did an ECG and chest Xray and got the clear. A day after the pains went away and now this annoying water feeling is back. It can happen on both sides of my face. It starts on my temple and feels like water is puddled there or sometimes it feels like it streams down my face. I feel if I put my hand on my face I won't feel it. Almost like I am tricking my brain not to produce these symptoms. I always feel these symptoms in my car when driving because I expect them to come on. I think about this symptom all day and the thought of this symptom is in my mind as soon as I wake up. I HAVE NOT BEEN THE SAME PERSON SINCE THAT LUMP ON MY CHEST FORMED. THIS IS WHEN MY HEALTH ANXIETY SKYROCKETED. I Have had panic attacks in my past but this is a new level for me. Im convinced I have MS and I am waiting for my MRI results (my doctor ordered one to ease my mind).

I also have pretty much locked myself in my room for a few months, have left work, cried, made my parents gone mad and my mind will not stop thinking of these symptoms!!! Between this and looking for a full time job I feel like my mind has broken down or maybe this is some neurological disease:shrug:

Tests I have done:
CT SCAN
3 Neuro exams
Eye exams
Blood tests

Symptoms:
Twitching eye (when squeezing and releasing or just randomly)
Twitching in various parts of body
Pin Prick sensations in various parts
Water drop/stream sensation on face

I probably sound like a freak but I need some opinions here.

axolotl
09-01-18, 23:38
If you're a freak so's the rest of us don't worry!

I have to admit I haven't read the entirety of your post, but it's the same story as most on here - including me - a whole army of "symptoms", followed by tests, followed by the all clear, followed by new "symptoms".... and repeat.

The answer isn't to chase an explanation for every new blip or burble your anxiety fixates on, but to seek professional help to cope with it.

MartinoCGY34
10-01-18, 00:07
If you're a freak so's the rest of us don't worry!

I have to admit I haven't read the entirety of your post, but it's the same story as most on here - including me - a whole army of "symptoms", followed by tests, followed by the all clear, followed by new "symptoms".... and repeat.

The answer isn't to chase an explanation for every new blip or burble your anxiety fixates on, but to seek professional help to cope with it.

I must also add that it is not constant, it does come and go and somedays I feel like I barely notice it and then others it feels like hell.

Careful1
10-01-18, 00:22
If you sound like a freak, then all of us here are freaks :winks:

So, health anxiety is indeed a difficult condition to live with and my personal opinion would be to get professional help sooner rather then later... Anxiety has the power to steal all the happiness from your life if you allow it do go unchecked. There are treatment options like therapy, medications or a combination of the two... You and your therapist will work through whats right for you but dont put it off, its just as important as your physical health...

Fishmanpa
10-01-18, 00:41

Actually, as Careful1 said, pretty much par for the course. I don't know what "opinion" your looking for but I think you already know what's going on and how to help yourself ;)

Positive thoughts

Potter86
10-01-18, 01:41
Hello everyone, I am a 21 year old male that is having some troubles.

Here is my story...

It all started in the summer time where I developed a lump in my chest that turned out to be a lipoma when I though it was cancerous. After that my attention went to lymph nodes, testicular cancer, colon cancer, brain tumour, als, and MS. My main issue now is with MS. The colon cancer fear is what really did my brain in because I convinced myself I had it due to the symptoms I was experiencing. During this time I developed weak legs, twitching, and just a sense of giving up on life. After the doctor reassured me that it was just stress, the stomach pains, loose bowel movements all went away. But wait, then I had constant headaches for a month and the twitching persisted so I definitely thought I had a brain tumour. I went to the ER had 3 neurological tests done, they checked my eyes and finally ordered a CT scan. That came back clear and I felt the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. A few days after that I developed a cold wet feeling on my face but of course it was not wet. I was still stressed at this time because the headache did not go away. I went to the doctors he says it was stress and the headache literally went away a day after and I was finally able to sleep, although the cold sensation and feeling of water dripping down my cheek was still there. At this time the twitching subsided and one day I decided enough is enough and I played video games and forgot about the water sensation and surely enough it went away. Here and there it would come back but my mind tuned it out and I was pretty much myself for about a month and a half. I felt like finally I came out of this cycle. Then I started worrying about my vision, even though I had it checked by my eye doctor and it was fine. From there I worried about my heart and I thought I had heart issues like my dad. I went to the ER they did an ECG and chest Xray and got the clear. A day after the pains went away and now this annoying water feeling is back. It can happen on both sides of my face. It starts on my temple and feels like water is puddled there or sometimes it feels like it streams down my face. I feel if I put my hand on my face I won't feel it. Almost like I am tricking my brain not to produce these symptoms. I always feel these symptoms in my car when driving because I expect them to come on. I think about this symptom all day and the thought of this symptom is in my mind as soon as I wake up. I HAVE NOT BEEN THE SAME PERSON SINCE THAT LUMP ON MY CHEST FORMED. THIS IS WHEN MY HEALTH ANXIETY SKYROCKETED. I Have had panic attacks in my past but this is a new level for me. Im convinced I have MS and I am waiting for my MRI results (my doctor ordered one to ease my mind).

I also have pretty much locked myself in my room for a few months, have left work, cried, made my parents gone mad and my mind will not stop thinking of these symptoms!!! Between this and looking for a full time job I feel like my mind has broken down or maybe this is some neurological disease:shrug:

Tests I have done:
CT SCAN
3 Neuro exams
Eye exams
Blood tests

Symptoms:
Twitching eye (when squeezing and releasing or just randomly)
Twitching in various parts of body
Pin Prick sensations in various parts
Water drop/stream sensation on face

You most certainly aint a freak just look around the forum were all in the same boat,there is an ms sticky on here go through it,its a good read.im in that ms hole myself but like you i had a number of other diseases i thought i had before this one.health anxiety ay

Deltazv1
18-01-18, 08:52
The wet/cold feeling sensation was my first physical anxiety symptom, after that it was followed by burning sensation and muscle tension. My muscles felt like they were always strained. Now i only have very fine hand tremors, joints clicking all over body from tight muscles and very weak twitching. The water sensation took over 6 months to go away. All my symptoms started after anxiety and googling, i was fine before. It started with a finger that was slightly crooked from an accident i had in Baseball i thought i had swan neck deformity from RA. Than i started twitching and i thought i had , Lymes disease, Brain Tumor, EMS, MS, Parkinson, ALS, CJD and finally back to Anxiety. Now i just say F it and eat weed edibles they're great for anxiety.

MartinoCGY34
18-01-18, 14:05
The wet/cold feeling sensation was my first physical anxiety symptom, after that it was followed by burning sensation and muscle tension. My muscles felt like they were always strained. Now i only have very fine hand tremors, joints clicking all over body from tight muscles and very weak twitching. The water sensation took over 6 months to go away. All my symptoms started after anxiety and googling, i was fine before. It started with a finger that was slightly crooked from an accident i had in Baseball i thought i had swan neck deformity from RA. Than i started twitching and i thought i had , Lymes disease, Brain Tumor, EMS, MS, Parkinson, ALS, CJD and finally back to Anxiety. Now i just say F it and eat weed edibles they're great for anxiety.

WOW, I had many of those fears and was totally fine before all of this. One trigger led me to this point I believe but I hope this water thing does not last 6 months! If I realise its nothing then I can go back to being happy! Thanks for your reply

Deltazv1
18-01-18, 20:12
Once you stop caring about a symptom a new one pops up haha. The water sensation i had was all over my body and would get trigger by Air conditioners, fans Heaters and blankets anything that made air. Cold water sensation didn't slowly fade away, it just randomly disappeared it's kinda weird and i was actually starting to enjoy it to. Don't panic and go googling stuff when you get new symptoms, all the symptoms i listed lasted 2+ weeks each and that's because i kept googling. This all lasted about 6 to 8 months.
Here's a list of all my symptoms. (Not in order)
Burning sensation.
Twitching all over with Hotspots in my legs.
Water drop sensation.
Ants sensation on my skin or like a hair moving around.
Hand, leg and arm tremor.
Flashing lights when sleeping.
hypnagogic jerks, Would wake up with my leg or arm shaking.

Internal vibrations all over my body, more on my feet and hands.

Difficulty swallowing.
Eyes felt like they couldn't focus.
Stiff fingers and knees.
Numbness in my feet and hands, more noticeable when laying down.

Pallesthesia or known as pins and needles.
Sensation of some thing stuck in my throat.
Difficulty speaking, unable to remember words.
Tongue twitches.
excessive sweating.
Off balanced when walking.
Difficulty moving fingers.
Difficulty walking, knees felt weak.
Constantly catching Colds and flu like infections.
Sensation of someone stabing me with a needle.
Sleep paralysis about once a month.
Horrible nightmares.
Sensitive to light, light would blind me easily.
Eyes would take longer to adjust to darkness.
Stomach ache and diarrhea for 2 weeks straight.
Headaches that lasted all day.
Fast heart beat and high blood pressure.
Heel pain
Feeling that i was going to faint but never did.
Fatigue.
Going nights without sleeping.
Constantly asking my family members for reassurance.
Difficulty remembering what i did that day.
Heart felt like it was gonna stop.
That's my list of symptoms, probably had more i can't remember.
I take no medications so these were all anxiety symptoms.

MartinoCGY34
19-01-18, 02:17
Once you stop caring about a symptom a new one pops up haha. The water sensation i had was all over my body and would get trigger by Air conditioners, fans Heaters and blankets anything that made air. Cold water sensation didn't slowly fade away, it just randomly disappeared it's kinda weird and i was actually starting to enjoy it to. Don't panic and go googling stuff when you get new symptoms, all the symptoms i listed lasted 2+ weeks each and that's because i kept googling. This all lasted about 6 to 8 months.
Here's a list of all my symptoms. (Not in order)
Burning sensation.
Twitching all over with Hotspots in my legs.
Water drop sensation.
Ants sensation on my skin or like a hair moving around.
Hand, leg and arm tremor.
Flashing lights when sleeping.
hypnagogic jerks, Would wake up with my leg or arm shaking.

Internal vibrations all over my body, more on my feet and hands.

Difficulty swallowing.
Eyes felt like they couldn't focus.
Stiff fingers and knees.
Numbness in my feet and hands, more noticeable when laying down.

Pallesthesia or known as pins and needles.
Sensation of some thing stuck in my throat.
Difficulty speaking, unable to remember words.
Tongue twitches.
excessive sweating.
Off balanced when walking.
Difficulty moving fingers.
Difficulty walking, knees felt weak.
Constantly catching Colds and flu like infections.
Sensation of someone stabing me with a needle.
Sleep paralysis about once a month.
Horrible nightmares.
Sensitive to light, light would blind me easily.
Eyes would take longer to adjust to darkness.
Stomach ache and diarrhea for 2 weeks straight.
Headaches that lasted all day.
Fast heart beat and high blood pressure.
Heel pain
Feeling that i was going to faint but never did.
Fatigue.
Going nights without sleeping.
Constantly asking my family members for reassurance.
Difficulty remembering what i did that day.
Heart felt like it was gonna stop.
That's my list of symptoms, probably had more i can't remember.
I take no medications so these were all anxiety symptoms.

Wow that is a lot. Are you doing okay now? How did you get over it? Did the doctor run tests to prove it was all anxiety?

Deltazv1
19-01-18, 05:10
Yeah, I'm doing great. Just have minor twitching. Doctor just use his little mallet and hit my knees and said everything looked good must likely it was all psychosomatic said i was too young for any disease (Im 20). He said to take multi vitamins and magnesium and stop reading about diseases. I believed the doctor, I stopped worrying and my symptoms started very slowly fading away. Right now i only get some anxiety about the twitching, but it's also fading away so i know it's nothing bad. You have to really believe it's anxiety and symptoms will go away tho. It doesn't go away in a week or 2, it could take from 3 months to 6 of being anxiety and stress free.

MartinoCGY34
19-01-18, 19:44
I actually just got my MRI results back and they said its normal so lets see how long this lasts. Will try my best to carry on with the days

Deltazv1
19-01-18, 21:56
That's great news, you just got ruled out of every bad thing. Just think about how all your symptoms started and you'll realize it's all anxiety. Believe the doctors, they're experts in the human body. Actually a lot of people that are gonna become doctors get sick of anxiety and think they have all kinds of neurological diseases too. It's called medical students disease the main symptoms are Twitching, weaknes, off balance and basically anything that scares you.

axolotl
19-01-18, 23:35
I actually just got my MRI results back and they said its normal so lets see how long this lasts. Will try my best to carry on with the days

It's amazing how people here can take a post saying they've got a clear MRI and make it sound so gloomy :shrug: