PDA

View Full Version : No HA until recently.....not again!!

zummerset
10-01-18, 15:22
I used to suffer from HA many years ago when the HIV thing was at full flow in the media. Took me years later to get a test and even that didn’t cut it – I started ruminating about other things. Oddly though the HA disappeared as swiftly as it came. No reason. Just went.

However, I recently had (note ‘HAD’ as in not got it any more 😊 ) that nasty bug that’s doing the rounds….it ended up on my chest (as it does every year) and I had my standard once a year (or every other year) chest infection. I put up with it for a few days and decided to call the GP to see if I needed to go in. Spoke with a younger GP (not my own ‘old school’ one) who told me to come in so he can have a listen. After asking the standard questions about smoking (I think I might have 10 a month socially) did I feel breathless etc etc…none of which I had, he listened to my chest and then agreed there was some gurgling there. Gave me some anti-biotics, a very low dose. Then and this is the bit that’s miffed me a bit – said “have you ever had an x ray”? Huh…..what….errm no! Then told me to take the anti-biotics and go back in SIX WEEKS and he will arrange a chest x ray! Well, that sorts of defeats the object of looking after myself and managing to avoid having to go to the doctors….no wonder men avoid visiting their GP if they’re going to be sent for an x ray because they have a cold. He did point out that he wasn’t looking for anything sinister as I had no other symptoms to worry about. But I am now left feeling really anxious. I mean nothing is booked or anything and I guess it is down to me to arrange this….. So, is this Health Anxiety? Am I catastrophising? I mean, I feel no different than I do normally now apart from being on the tail end of a cold. I’ll be out on my bike again at the weekend…… ☹