PDA

View Full Version : Rant about CBT (or lack of)

anxious
28-06-07, 11:19
Hi,

I've been on the waiting list for CBT for a year now. I saw my gp today and she has had a letter from them saying i've been taken off their list as i hadn't replied to their letters!!! What letters!!!!:ohmy: They have my correct address as i had an assessment appointment with them last year. My gp knows im not the sort of person to miss appointments so shes getting back to them.
Its a strange way of keeping waiting lists shorter :mad:
So be warned if you havent heard anything for a long time (i was told 10months) it may be worth checking out.

anx xx

sarah1984
28-06-07, 18:15
Hi anxious,
No wonder you're fuming! I read an article recently in one of the weekend supplements about two computer-based CBT courses run by the NHS. One is called "Freedom Fighter" and it's for sufferers of panic attacks and the other is called "Beating the blues" for depression. Might be worth having a look into since you won't have to join a waiting list! To be honest with you, I thought my therapist didn't really DO that much-a lot of CBT is pretty self-explanatory, so she just kinda directed me. There are some good books around that I recommend you read-David Burns' Feeling Good, Robert Leahy's The Worry Cure and the classic CBT coursebook, Mind Over Mood by Christine Padesky. Hope you get the help you deserve soon x

belle
28-06-07, 18:46
Hi..
I've been told there's an 18 month waiting list that i have been put on!!!!!

FAB.

olichris
06-07-07, 17:02
Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your awful experience, sounds like a way of them cooking their books ( recording you in some way as dealt with).
There is an excellent programme at : http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/default.asp
its Australian I beleive and very enjoyable to complete and you can mesure your progress each time you log in.

Keep well and look after yourself

olichris