PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Ethansmom
10-01-18, 16:00
I'm so spiraling down the rabbit hole. .... AGAIN. I have been taking Pristiq for a little over a month and my anxiety has gotten worse. I know it's an SNRI, so I think it's giving me too much adrenaline and causing all of these problems.

I'm constantly shaking. Last night my chest (and muscles everywhere kept tightening up and then loosening. It freaked me out. It was going on and on all night. All sorts of twitching. My heart was beating out of control. Klonopin barely put a dent in it. When I was on lexepro before this (which I didn't feel was helping as much, so we switched meds). At least with that med I did not feel what i'm feeling now. Has anyone had anything similar . I always thought increased anxiety came at the beginning of starting a med-- which it did, but now it feels worse than ever. I can't continue taking this. I haven't take my pristiq this morning as I am waiting from a call back from my doctor. I wonder if I can just stop the pristiq or will I get withdrawls? I'm so depressed, anxious, and sleep deprived which makes everything worse. Thanks for listening and offering any advise you can.

vicky23
10-01-18, 17:14
Hi,
I don't know about the meds but I just want to give you a big virtual hug

XXX

Mindprison
10-01-18, 17:35
With the kind of medication you're on it would do more harm than good to take advice from people who aren't medically trained. Even if I was on the same meds I would err on the side of caution since there's no telling how someone else would react from the advice I gave.

Ultimately the only person you should take advice from here is your doctor.

I can't help but wonder though if knowing what an SNRI is has caused you to psychosomatically believe that they are making you worse. Anti depressants already have a reputation for making you slightly worse before making it better. Being anxious about the med beforehand would make those start up effects even worse.

Ethansmom
10-01-18, 22:35
Thank you for the virtual hug vicky23- I really need one!

And yes, mindprison. It could very well all be in my head.