PDA

View Full Version : I did not go into Afib this time thank God

Thelegend27
10-01-18, 17:21
So as some of you know when i vomit i go into afib, well that was what happened before but not this time. I am fighting the stomach virus, I've been sick all morning but i only just vomited like an hour ago and thank God i didn't not go into afib, i thought would for sure but i didn't and i vomited violently worse than the last time. Sorry for being so explicit i am just happy that i was able to vomit freely i know it sounds weird.

Fishmanpa
10-01-18, 17:23
Despite the illness... that's a real positive! :yesyes: Feel better soon!

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
11-01-18, 06:36
Thanks, I've never smiled after vomiting, but today I did lol. I actually feel very relieved knowing I can vomit I know it sounds weird but oh well I am just happy that I don't have to go to the hospital.

Hopeyet
11-01-18, 12:24
So as some of you know when i vomit i go into afib.

That's interesting. I very rarely have any sort of stomach upset, but if I do vomit it often sets off what appears to be palpitations (I thought it was maybe oesophagal spasms or something that just felt like palpitations). Is there a proven link between the two?

I've had various odd episodes that I've put down to panic attacks. GP has done an ECG and an ultrasound, both of which came back normal. But of all the things my health anxiety has dwelt upon over the years, this is the only that I really think might have some legitimacy.

Thelegend27
11-01-18, 14:44
Yes, they call it Vagal Afib, vomiting increases Vagal tone on the Vagus nerve which can cause afib. In fact Vagal afib is the most common afib among young people. Vomiting isn't the only trigger for some people, some times sneezing, coughing, lifting heavy objects and so on can do it as well.