PDA

View Full Version : Magse

mountellen
28-06-07, 12:04
Hello to you all and I hope that my visit to this new for me site will help me get through the panic/anxiety attacks that have been happening to me for a long time. My daughter found this site and told me that it would be good for me to talk to other sufferers and maybe help me.

Having read the problems/issues page I have social panic/anxiety attacks. This happens when I have to go out in the evening say to the pub or to a restaurant. If I know that I am going early enough then I can usually prepare myself and enjoy it but if I don't its straight to the loo for me and I get into a right state.

E.G. Last year I visited friends in France with my two daughters and one afternoon after we had a couple of apperitifs and lunch the couple told us that we were going out to dinner that evening. I was ok getting ready, but on the way there this hotness welled up in my stomach and I had to fight to control it by focussing on something in the car. When we arrived at the village I got straight out of the car and was vomitting behind some parked cars. This was in view of our friends and my daughters....they had never actually seen me in this position before.

Since then both my daughters sympathize with my need to get it sorted. By the way this started when I was in my teens but got better later on when I got married, but then I lost my husband suddenly two years ago and now it won't go away.

Magse:weep:

trac67
28-06-07, 13:39
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

yorkylover
28-06-07, 13:59
Hello Magse and :welcome: Im sorry to hear you are going through a bad time at the moment,and sorry to hear of your loss.You seem to have alot to cope with at the moment.You will get lots of support here and friendly advise.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

belle
28-06-07, 14:51
Hi and welcome :)

x

Southern_Belle
28-06-07, 17:18
Hi Magse,

Welcome to NMP. I too am sorry for your loss. I would imagine the loss is what started the anxiety back in full force. I would try to get some counseling if you haven't already. You are among friends here who understand and will help.

Laura

honeybee3939
28-06-07, 18:58
Hi Magse

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

groovygranny
28-06-07, 20:55
Hello Magse, :welcome:to you!

You'll get plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
28-06-07, 22:57
hello magse and welcome.........Linda

manmoor
29-06-07, 07:02
Hi Magse,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Pink Princess
02-07-07, 16:02
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

nomorepanic
02-07-07, 19:16
Hi Magse

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some fab new friends along the way.

Take some time to read all you can on the website pages as well - I am sure that will be of some help.