PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and the cold.

Hypomean
11-01-18, 05:00
It’s been a good while since I’ve been on here I’ve been working hard on my anxiety but I have a cold maybe brewing. I had a horrible sore throat the other day but then nothing the next and today I’ve been sneezing a lot and my voice sounds like when I’m sick.

I’ve been getting dizzy spells and blurred vision.
Along with something that the best I can describe is like a silent hiccup. My breathing halts and then I get shaky.
I shaky this morning.

My mind is running. I fear I’m dying. Like a big sense of doom hovering over me.
I hate this I really do. I want to halt those thoughts but they are grounded.
I try to hit them straight on. But the what ifs come out on top and I have a panic attack. The way I feel just adds to the doom and gloom.

It’s anxiety right?

swajj
11-01-18, 05:06
I don’t think a month counts as “a good while”. How have you been addressing your anxiety?

Hypomean
11-01-18, 06:37
I don’t think a month counts as “a good while”. How have you been addressing your anxiety?

You just made me really regret coming on here.

swajj
11-01-18, 07:35
Why would my question make you regret coming on here? That question gets asked of almost everyone that comes here.

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

I’ll put the question a different way. You say you have been working hard on your anxiety so what have you been doing?

Annaboodle
11-01-18, 10:25
Sounds like anxiety. It's a good question from Swajj. It's good you've been away from the site for a bit as your cycle of posting for reassurance clearly wasn't doing anything for you. Great that you've been working hard on your anxiety. What have you been doing that you've found is working for you?

Hypomean
11-01-18, 13:24
Tbh it was the first half of Swajj ‘S post that got me upset. It wasn’t necessary so I thought I hadn’t been on here for a while and I guess I had been. The last month has been tough and I just feels like a long time.
I have been analyzing my fears. I dissect it and usually it shows me I’m being irrational.
But when I’m dealing with actual symptoms I am starting to crack and anxiety is really flowing through.

Fishmanpa
11-01-18, 13:36
Just to give you an outside perspective....

First off, there's a saying.. "It takes a week to catch a cold, a week to have it and a week to get rid of it". So essentially, close to a month from start to finish and for some it can be longer or shorter. That's just the way these things are.

There are several cold/flu threads currently. Why? It's cold/flu season and this year has been a bad one. I currently have some kind of "crud". I woke up last Saturday with my sinuses all dried out, blood and mucous coming out of my nose, chest hurts, cough and the list goes on... Yesterday I woke up with pink eye! Here it is Thursday and I woke up to both eyes crusted shut! :mad: Fun eh? I feel like crap but I know what it is just like you know what it is.

It's. A. Cold. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, it sucks, but you deal with it. OTC cold meds, plenty of fluids and rest. It'll pass. Feel better soon.

Positive thoughts