PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

Joeturner2
11-01-18, 20:38
Hello all

Wondered if anyone has had a similar experience, I went to the doctor a couple of months ago with high anxiety I was given citalopram 20 mg and diazepam 2mg to take twice a day to deal with the side effects of citalopram.

I was taking the diazepam for 1 month now the doctor has taken me off them completely cold turkey, I am currently on day 7 but seem to be suffering in terms of pain / stiff muscles around my neck shoulders, legs and bum (embarrassing) but this is the worst one does anyone have any tips on dealing with this? Baths don’t seem to help

Benjammin69
12-01-18, 17:57
2mg is a small dose so I’m not under estimating your symptoms but you are probably being impacted more from diazepam muscle relaxant properties than as an anxiolytic.. I would sa my an anti inflammatory for a week or 2 just to loosen things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeturner2
13-01-18, 10:14
Hello mate thanks for answering I was told by the docs that I cannot take ibuprofen with the citalopram ��

Benjammin69
13-01-18, 10:22
What? There is a moderate interaction between citalopram and ibruprofen as it may increase risk of bleeding and bruising but nothing mentally? But suppose you need to
Listen to doc

smashyland
18-01-18, 14:45
hello mate, i would speak to your doctor or another about how you are off the valium, you shouldnt come off this cold turkey regardless of what mg it was it is a taper drug