PDA

View Full Version : Mild nausea and belching?

leafie
11-01-18, 21:25
Hi, I'm 19M

Two days ago I experienced heartburn but just in my throat after eating spicy chips. I'm a hypochondriac so of course I did the usual thing and started looking for an answer to my problem. Since then I've noticed increased mild belching and also mild nausea. I didn't lose my appetite and I did not vomit at all. It's more of a slight discomfort than severe pre-vomit nausea.
I'm also a smoker and after reading(mistake) I am now scared of esophageal and stomach cancer. I know it's probably really unlikely at my age but there's always this what if question in the back of my mind.
I had something similar in terms of mild nausea 2 years ago for like a month or two. At that time I had blood test and endoscopy and nothing was found. Any idea what this could be? I also had an exam today so maybe it's just from anxiety/stress during this week? I just don't want to underestimate it.
Oh and I was taking multivitamin supplements(only for a few days) which I've stopped yesterday after reading some iron supplements can cause indigestion.

The mild nausea is not constant and seems to come and go usually getting more noticeable in the evenings

Mom2FourKiddos
11-01-18, 23:07
I would absolutely say it's from anxiety. Some of us get headaches and others get stomach aches. When I get stressed, my stomach is a mess for a week or more. I will be up all night with indigestion. And the multivitamin can also be causing it for sure! Give it a few more days and see how you feel. :)