PDA

View Full Version : Hi: newby needing advice

oscarbaby
28-06-07, 17:00
Hi all, found site by chance,looking for advice on how to handle attacks when they happen. was told once by doc to try drinking glass of water to take my mind off what was happening but rather difficult when you can't even breath!! :wacko:

yorkylover
28-06-07, 17:08
Hi and welcome.There is lots of support here for you and friendly advise.I dont think people fully undersatnd panic unless they have been there.Its easy for a dr to say have a glass of water,but like you said not easy when you cant breath!!!!!!!!!:lac: but there you go.You will get lots of advise on how to help with breathing ect on here.:hugs:

Southern_Belle
28-06-07, 17:39
Hi Oscarbaby,

Welcome to NMP. I too can't imagine thinking I could drink a glass of water during one of my panic attacks even though I've only had 2 as I couldn't swallow during mine! I guess the doctor was trying to get you to focus on something else, I don't know. What I do know is you are among friends here who will understand what you are going through.

Laura

trac67
28-06-07, 17:41
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

domino
28-06-07, 17:43
:welcome: :welcome:T o you oscar, you have come to the right place , great to have you on board.

Zanxiety
28-06-07, 17:53
Greetings Oscar, and welcome to the excellent website. I understand everything you say as when you can't breath properly due to panic, it's very hard to put your mind on something else. Joining this place should help you for your recovery of your Panic Attacks, particularly as every here is supportive and helpful amongst each other.

honeybee3939
28-06-07, 18:56
Hi Oscar

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
28-06-07, 20:52
Hello oscarbaby,:welcome:to you!

Hmm, drink a glass of water eh? Let's hope the doc never has to take his own advice!

We're not doctors but there's plenty of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
28-06-07, 22:59
welcome oscarbaby,
so true goovygranny....but i wish ya the best you are not alone on this.....linda

manmoor
29-06-07, 07:01
Hi Oscarbaby,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Pink Princess
02-07-07, 16:02
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx

nomorepanic
02-07-07, 19:19
Hi Oscarbaby

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some fab new friends along the way.

Take some time to read all you can on the website pages as well - I am sure that will be of some help.