PDA

View Full Version : Sore feeling in head, need re-assurance

breeze25
28-06-07, 17:28
As some of you might remember I have been getting into a pickle about headaches and pain in my head and been seeing the doctor and have neurology appointment in a couple of weeks.

I have been worrying its something serious, for at least 6 weeks and have been having panic attacks any anxiety. Well something kicked in a few days ago and I started feeling more positive, stopped thinking about it constantly and made active steps to get on with my life.

My head pains seemed to get much better and I started to believe that maybe just maybe there is nothing wrong after all.

The only symptom that I have remaining and its been there for a few weeks not, is the sore feeling in my headi ts mainly on both sides and just above my neck. It feels sore, but when I touch it with my hands its not sore from the outside but feels sore from the inside, and that freaks me out. I always seem to wake up with some neck pain, if I try and put my chin on my neck I can feel a little pull on the back sort of top of my spine, so I imagine its probably muscular, and have booked an appointment with a chiropractor next week to see if that helps.

I just frustrated that I was starting to pick myself up and now the negative thoughts have come back in, I had a lovely few days feeling alive again :weep:

ItWillPass
28-06-07, 19:03
I also find that just when things start to get better, the negative thoughts come back even stronger. I guess it makes sense. When we start to feel "normal" again, our anxiety will try to talk us out of believing we are ok. What you are describing defintely sounds muscular to me. I get the same thing as well. I will sleep weird one night, and be achy for awhile after. I also get dizzy from the sore neck and head pains. Anyway... just know that you are not alone. When you start to feel better, and the negative thoughts come back, try your best to fight them, because I believe the next step will be recovery.

cattttt
29-06-07, 00:09
Yes, this definately sounds muscular. I have a problem with my neck that regularly gives me a headache and feels tender at the top of my spine, the chiropracter is a good idea, my neck/head has been alot better since the chiropracter worked on it, but it still gives me problems.

breeze25
01-07-07, 08:50
Thanks for both your replies, I seem to feel different every day, but feling positive today, just over a week till my appointment hopefully these positive thoughts can carry through till then

chellebelle
01-07-07, 11:51
Hey there,

I've suffered anxiety related headaches for about 9 years now (though if you read some of my posts when my anxiety is at it's worst you may read that I have "scary, life threatening headaches", as that how they seem when my panic is bad).

Just wondering if you grind your teeth? I do and I constantly have sore points near the temple area on both sides of my head. Sometimes you can grind your teeth without being aware of it - lots of people do it in their sleep!

I also have bad pains that run up my neck into my head. I have had 3 CT scans and an MRI which came back clear. Guess I jsut have to start believing it's anxiety too!!! Good luck (though I'm sure you won't need it!)

Catwoman
03-07-07, 13:56
I appoint myself as self styled queen of headaches. I get headpains every day, every week every year. Like other users I have had medical tests and MRI's and yet I still believe there is something wrong with the inside of my head even though every medical test in the land tells me no there is nothing wrong.
I have a fixation with the left side of my head, and thats where the pain always gathers, just to the left of my left eye, by my temple. Sometimes I will suddenly get a massive shooting pain there, which then just goes. Other times I get a headaches which stays for days, and sometimes develops into migraines. I get very worked up about it, I do understand but I think your issues are partly muscular and partly anxiety. It is hard though, and hard to not get worked up about it.