PDA

View Full Version : One sided nasal pressure

bubx
12-01-18, 03:25
I woke up this morning to this pressure / weird sensation down the right side of my nose starting at the bottom and ending near my right tear duct. I'm so so worried and my mind obviously flew to nasal cancer, despite there only being 200 or so cases last year in Australia. My mum reckons that it's because I was laying down, crying for a couple of hours last night but I'm not sure how that can affect nasal pressure. I've booked a doctor's appointment for Monday and hopefully will go for a CT scan or ENT consultant. I'm terrified :scared15:. I have no idea what to do in the meantime, suggestions?

rsanchez
12-01-18, 03:36
If you were laying down on your side and crying it might be congestion. Do you have something you could use for nasal irrigation? Or congestion medicine?

bubx
12-01-18, 03:40
My nose isn't too congested so I didn't really give it much thought :unsure: I might try that, thanks x

bubx
12-01-18, 13:08
Update: so the nurse I spoke to today said it was probably a blocked tear duct but that makes me think perhaps a nasal tumour is blocking it :scared15: . Can’t wait for Monday

utrocket09
12-01-18, 13:25
Update: so the nurse I spoke to today said it was probably a blocked tear duct but that makes me think perhaps a nasal tumour is blocking it :scared15: . Can’t wait for Monday

You can get a blocked duct simply from sinus/allergies or a cold

bubx
12-01-18, 22:59
I haven’t had allergies or a cold and my nose isn’t congested which makes me worry more. I’m trying to get an appointment for today. Apparently nasal cancer is rarely detected in the early stages so better safe than sorry I gues

nomorepanic
12-01-18, 23:05
it is HIGHLY unlikely to be cancer