PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Aneurysms and Sudden Cardiac Arrest

worrywart22
12-01-18, 05:09
I was wondering if anyone could tell ne the liklihood off some my age (31 year old female) having a ruptured aneurysm or a sudden cardiac arrest? I have extreme anxiety about these 2 things, to the point where i am scared to go to sleep for fear it will happen. I havent smoked for nearly 4 years but my grandfather died of a heart attack at 81 and my nanna had open heart surgery at 65. my cholesterol is good as is my blood pressure. I just want to stop feeling anxious about this

Careful1
12-01-18, 05:46
Both my biological father and his father died suddenly and both at the age of 51 and so I can relate to this fear... I have 3 different heart arrhythmia's and when they were first diagnosed the fear of sudden cardiac arrest was crippling. Since I do not know the cause of death for either of them, I feared anything heart related, strokes and aneurysms for a very long time since all those things can cause sudden death. I would be a liar if I said those things didnt worry me still because they do, the fear just isn't as bad anymore.

I honestly cant say what the odds would be for either of those things happening to you but if you dont have a family history of sudden death or heart disease starting particularly young the odds would likely be pretty low, combined with the fact that you dont smoke, your cholesterol is good and your blood pressure is normal the odds are even lower.

I wish I could tell you how not to be anxious.. I suffer with health anxiety and did therapy, tried meds but in the end the thing that helped me the most was myself. Have you spoken with your doctor about your anxiety or are you already treating it?

nomorepanic
12-01-18, 11:31
You can't spend your life worrying and waiting to die.

We can't give you statistics cos they are meaningless if you still think you will be the 1 in a million to get it etc.

You need to concentrate more on getting control of the underlying problem - the anxiety.