PDA

View Full Version : A sip of wine disagreed with me...

Croydonbee
12-01-18, 10:10
Have felt a bit better for two weeks. Met a friend yesterday and finished off with a small glass of red wine in quite a noisy pub. Well, I had about two sips and immediately felt anxiety and nausea. Have scarcely touched alcohol since August. Am on 40mg paroxetine per day and some propanalol. The red wine seemed to react really badly. So I'm going to keep off it. It was a trial getting home by tube/train/bus. Still feel dodgy and nervy today. Can even the smallest drop of alcohol have such an effect with such medication? Anyone lese had a similar experience?

ankietyjoe
12-01-18, 10:28
It's unlikely to be the medication as the reaction was too fast (in my non medical opinion). It's more likely to be your CNS reacting to what is effectively a toxin.

I had to give up booze when my anxiety got bad, but I don't miss it at all really.

Speranza
12-01-18, 17:51
I don't know about these meds but I HAVE heard of very fast reactions. Anyway lesson learnt! ;)

Confetti
15-01-18, 05:48
It's better to test the waters with meds and booze and see how you react, everyone's chemistry is different and we all react to alcohol different. I've never had a problem thankfully, I always half my dose when I'm relaxing with some drinks and don't go crazy with how much I drink anyway. Beta blockers tend to make me feel spaced out, I wouldn't mix drink if I'd taken one, that's just my own gauging of that particular interaction though, others will be fine.