PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound gave me all clear

Bastett
12-01-18, 11:23
I panicked about my neck lymph nodes once more and today went for an ultrasound. I am very relieved and happy because radiologist said all clear. I also feel ashamed again because I made such a big deal of this during the whole month! My lymph nodes are palpable and seen throughout my neck but they are soft and with hilum apparently. Largest of them being 0.5 cm short axis.... in the right side where I didn't even palpate it!

My main concern was the one on the posterior neck and it was 0.3 cm...

I hope this should feed my dragon for a while.

axolotl
12-01-18, 13:44
Congrats, absolutely no need to feel ashamed but remember this experience and what it's taught you about how your anxiety fuels your imagination, and work on getting some help for anxiety before the next bout of HA strikes. :)

Bastett
12-01-18, 14:32
Thank you. It was hardly the first time. :( I understand all that but when the next time strikes, I will totally freak out again. I hope I will be able to get help .

axolotl
12-01-18, 14:35
Thank you. It was hardly the first time. :( I understand all that but when the next time strikes, I will totally freak out again. I hope I will be able to get help .

Have you had any help before for anxiety?

Even if you have before and need more, I would so urge you to talk to your GP, or if you're in England self-refer via IAPT (https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Psychological%20therapies%20%28IAPT%29/LocationSearch/10008). The latter is what I did, and I'll be honest and say the waiting list is annoyingly long, but help is out there for you.

EDIT - Actually that link's a bit rubbish, best to do a Google search for IAPT + your nearest town/city.

Bastett
12-01-18, 14:44
Have you had any help before for anxiety?

Even if you have before and need more, I would so urge you to talk to your GP, or if you're in England self-refer via IAPT (https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Psychological%20therapies%20%28IAPT%29/LocationSearch/10008). The latter is what I did, and I'll be honest and say the waiting list is annoyingly long, but help is out there for you.

I was on Quetiapine, Lexotanil and Paroxetin 2 years ago for a couple of months. Helped tremendously. But now I am pregnant and they won't prescribe me anything. Already tried.

I am not in UK and therapy here is expensive. I will go through it later but now I think I would need some kind of medication to calm myself!

axolotl
12-01-18, 15:03
I was on Quetiapine, Lexotanil and Paroxetin 2 years ago for a couple of months. Helped tremendously. But now I am pregnant and they won't prescribe me anything. Already tried.

I am not in UK and therapy here is expensive. I will go through it later but now I think I would need some kind of medication to calm myself!

OK, well I haven't any advice about medication or how to get help in your country (I was confused by your UK flag), but hopefully you find some help with this. Congrats on the baby :)