PDA

View Full Version : Sulfur gas, stomach popping and bloating

Rls1994
12-01-18, 12:02
This has almost happened every day for a few months now. I have noticed that it's not so bad if I only eat twice a day. My diet has been quite bad lately and I've been eating more junk so I think this has something to do with it. I just keep getting a bloated feeling with my stomach making noises and popping inside. It honestly feels like it's going to burst sometimes. Flatulence is also more frequent, feels hot to pass and has a very sulfur odour. They're appalling and I have to spray the rooms I'm in if I pass gas. Anybody else know what this could be? IBS runs in my family but of course with my health anxiety I think it's something that is more serious. I've tried peppermint capsules and other medicine for upset stomachs and they only work occasionally. I have been told to eat more by my GP because to them, I don't eat enough. Maybe it's just got something to do with the junk food I'm eating? Because as I said, I've been eating more rubbish for a while. Crisps, buns, donughts, McDonald's, etc.

nomorepanic
12-01-18, 12:26
I think you have answered your own question really.

fruitandnutlover
12-01-18, 14:02
Have you tried the low fodmap diet? The Monash app is really good for getting the right info. Also, charcoal tabs are really good for bad wind.

Rls1994
15-01-18, 11:51
Well, I've stopped eating junk and I'm still getting it.

Fishmanpa
15-01-18, 12:38
....it's not so bad if I only eat twice a day. My diet has been quite bad lately and I've been eating more junk so I think this has something to do with it..... Well, I've stopped eating junk and I'm still getting it.

It takes more than a week or two of clean eating to notice any changes. Try actually eating proper food in smaller amounts several times a day.

Positive thoughts