PDA

View Full Version : Vaccinated! Anxiety is more under control

Wirel
12-01-18, 16:28
I've had my shots for h2n3 and a couple of other influenza strains that are going around. Does that mean I should wait a few days for the vaccine to settle in or does it keep you protected the minute you have it, like if I had been exposed to the flu a couple of days ago would the vaccine make it more tolerable?

I haven't has a vaccine in years, last time I had it was for the swine flu back in 09.

Mindprison
12-01-18, 16:35
I've had my shots for h2n3 and a couple of other influenza strains that are going around. Does that mean I should wait a few days for the vaccine to settle in or does it keep you protected the minute you have it, like if I had been exposed to the flu a couple of days ago would the vaccine make it more tolerable?

I haven't has a vaccine in years, last time I had it was for the swine flu back in 09.

The vaccine builds up the ideal amount of antibodies in the space of 2 weeks. Thats usually why they tell people to get it done in october.

However any headstart you can give your body will either prevent you from getting it or at least make the symptoms milder. Its never too late to get it done.