PDA

View Full Version : over 2 weeks of spotting/period? Please help!

Mathilda12
12-01-18, 17:14
Hello,
My health anxiety has been mental for the past 24 hours, trying to keep away from googling symptoms! Basically I'm 17, a virgin, on no birth control. I started my period when i was 12 and mine have been fairly regular until, over the past 7 moths i've slowly lost some weight and began excersizing regularly. (noting big probably losing 1 or 2 pounds weekly. I'm now a healthy weight i was overweight.)

I began spotting in between periods while still maintaining my regular cycle. I went to the doctor, they put it down to hormones and told me to come back in a couple months, my periods should get back to normal alone.

At the beginning of December my regular period came, a week later some spotting, and on the 28th i began spotting and i haven't stopped since!! I thought it was my period but it's now been over 2 weeks and i'm freaking out. Some days there's a light flow, others just spotting, very little hardly any to fill a pad. The discharge varies from red to brown and there tends to be clots. I'm not experiencing any other symptoms such as pain.

I could only get an appointment with my doctor for 6 weeks time so I'm going to be freaking out until then! I'm going to try calling her tomorrow to put my mind at ease but she's very hard to get hold of. My mum died from cancer (nothing that could be passed on) which is probably the root cause of all my health anxiety so any advice o reassurence for this six long weeks would be much appreciated!!

Thanks for reading!!

O_O
13-01-18, 16:47
Since you're so young, and a virgin, it's basically impossible that this is cervical cancer or anything like that. So don't worry.

It is probably just hormonal like your doctor says, or related to your weight loss and exercise.

katniss
13-01-18, 20:04
I had the same for a year! Like the previous poster said it is very unlikely to be cervical cancer as that’s impossible without hpv. You can only get hpv through a partner, but you’re a virgin. As for any other gyno cancer, you’re simply too young! You would be 1 in a million! So please don’t worry. This is almost 100% hormonal

abh27
15-01-18, 02:59
I usually have very regular periods. Then I developed some health anxiety about something and became super anxious. At the time the anxiety started I was on my period. I then ovulated as normal, but after ovulation, spotted until I started my period. My doctor told me it was stress related and I 100% believe it. This cycle is normal now that I am calmer and on medication.