PDA

View Full Version : Please help, scary symptoms. Tingling and adrenalin

Redsoles
12-01-18, 19:03
So I’m no stranger to anxiety and have had panic attacks in the past. What just happened has freaked me out. I was watching a film with my husband and all of a sudden my left arm felt weak and I had a tingling sensation up and down it. At the same time during a ten minute period, I had five or six rushes of adrenalin run over me and that awful cold feeling. I felt like I needed to get up and do something so I went and had a shower. Now I feel a bit weak and still getting small pains in my arm.

I have just got over this viral respiratory thing that’s going round which I had for over two weeks. Obviously now I’m worrying. Shall I go to urgent care? I just took my blood pressure which was normal I think, 86/123.

Please help. Does this sound like something related to panic?

Fishmanpa
12-01-18, 19:35
Does this sound like something related to panic?

Sounds exactly like it... and remember, even if you're not feeling anxious...

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

Redsoles
12-01-18, 19:42
Thank you. I’m starting to calm down a bit now. My chest and upper back feel tight but that’s normal for me.

Why do we get these adrenalin surges when we’re relaxed and not consciously anxious?

axolotl
12-01-18, 20:27
Why do we get these adrenalin surges when we’re relaxed and not consciously anxious?

In a word yes, anxiety stays in our systems, and you don't always know what's ticking away at the back of your mind.

My worst HA spiral came about because I was getting, funnily enough, tingles at a time when I wasn't feeling particularly anxious. But it all turned out to be anxiety. In fact tingles are a shockingly common anxiety symptom.