PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

LouiseBun
13-01-18, 03:35
Since June, I've been suffering with very bad health anxiety. This was strange because up until that point I had never really been bothered about it.

I've been to the doctor's since that over ten times, each time with a few fears or thinking I have something. The latest worry is that I have a pain in my upper right rib area that goes around my side and back. I've spoken to family members about this, they have told me since I haven't been going to the bathroom (number two) for the past two week's it's probably just a result of constipation (and the fact I'm on iron tablets). Sometimes when I lay on my front or bend a certain way I feel like I can feel something? That I should just drink more water and it will pass. Yet I can't stop worrying about it. I've had a lot of check-ups done, full blood tests, body examinations. My doctor doesn't seem to worried about anything yet I can't stop. I don't want to go back to the doctor's again! I'm worried of the judgement but I can't sleep. I've been awake until like 5 or 6 am every night! I don't know how much of this is real and how much of this I just over-react to!

Please help :weep:

london28
13-01-18, 04:48
Since June, I've been suffering with very bad health anxiety. This was strange because up until that point I had never really been bothered about it.

I've been to the doctor's since that over ten times, each time with a few fears or thinking I have something. The latest worry is that I have a pain in my upper right rib area that goes around my side and back. I've spoken to family members about this, they have told me since I haven't been going to the bathroom (number two) for the past two week's it's probably just a result of constipation (and the fact I'm on iron tablets). Sometimes when I lay on my front or bend a certain way I feel like I can feel something? That I should just drink more water and it will pass. Yet I can't stop worrying about it. I've had a lot of check-ups done, full blood tests, body examinations. My doctor doesn't seem to worried about anything yet I can't stop. I don't want to go back to the doctor's again! I'm worried of the judgement but I can't sleep. I've been awake until like 5 or 6 am every night! I don't know how much of this is real and how much of this I just over-react to!

Please help :weep:

You sound like me a few years back - now I wish I only knew back then what I know now then my anxiety wouldnt have spiralled out of control.

Basically I had the same symptoms as you around my ribs etc, It was due to acid reflux from my stomach...and because I didnt know this I was panicking every minute and hour that I had a problem with my heart and that I was close to death, to the point that I also went to my GP and demanded a ECG which ofcourse all came back fine...and yes years later im still here and fine after everything and all the tests.

What do I regret? not knowing what were causing my symptoms earlier so I didnt have the anxiety problem I did.

I hope this helps you, Its really nothing.. believe me.