PDA

View Full Version : Winter viruses

Pudding
13-01-18, 16:45
Hi all, has anyone else had this wretched virus since Christmas. I’ve had a bad throat on and off, body aches like I have heavy cold but I haven’t and this horrible dizzy feeling. Every time I think it’s going away I cheer up only to wake the next day and I’m dizzy again. It’s the one symptom I can’t tolerate. I’m totally phobic about dizziness. It’s not vertigo or anything but it is horrid. I’ve had it 2 weeks now 😪. Anyone else felt like this, I’m praying it’s not here to stay. Thank you! X

Mindprison
13-01-18, 16:56
Hi pudding

I ended up with a nasty virus in september that had me laid up for a week and a half. I got the same symptoms right down to the dizziness.

I have dizziness/lightheadedness now for 2 weeks which I think is due to my anxiety. I had it maech last year and it eventually went away.

Fishmanpa
13-01-18, 17:12
There have been several threads recently about this year's cold and flu season. It's all over the news too.

I've had the "crud" for over a week now. Hopefully, I'm on the tail end of it but I still feel like crap :wacko:

Common sense prevails... GET THE FLU SHOT! It's not 100% but it's better than nothing. USE COMMON SENSE! Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Stay home when you are sick. Clean your hands. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth after coming in contact with public areas (like a shopping cart, ATM etc.) and practice other good health habits. That's really all you can do :shrug:

If you do get sick, it's gonna suck but you'll get over it :)

Positive toughts

NervUs
13-01-18, 17:30
I am on day 6, and I started getting dizzy yesterday. It's a really mild dizziness but aggravating nonetheless. I am having moments where I feel okayish, but then the crash inevitably comes. My 4 year old is also sick and is literally laying on top of me and I can't get comfortable or get any rest for the life of me. I don't feel like this is ever going to pass :-(

countrygirl
13-01-18, 17:52
I had the flu for 2 weeks over xmas new year and its left me with slightly annoying congested cough but worst is unsteadiness/dizziness and a fainty feeling. When i was at wotsr during the flu i was quite dizzy and kept actally fainting for 3 days.
Its nasty one but hopefully will recover eventually!!!