PDA

View Full Version : Feeling awful

Queenie12
13-01-18, 19:07
Hi Everyone, not sure where to start really. I have had sudden episodes of feeling unwell for years. It starts in my stomach. A sort of sick discomfort and then I feel like I will faint and be sick all at the same time. My heart then beats fast but also jumps. It first started 23 years ago. I had ecg’s over the years which came back normal until recently when I had one of my worst episodes and they said I had a right bundle block. I know this doesn’t necessarily mean there is anything wrong with your heart but it has unsettled me. I took Citalopram for a number of years but stopped it in August. I also take a beta blocker(low dose) I tried to stop the beta blocker but woke every night with heart pounding feeling awful. I get a soreness in my chest sometimes and I worry that it’s because there’s something wrong with my heart. I’m 52 now and I worry that at some point my heart will get tired of all this pounding! I walk a lot to try and stay fit and I’ve started eating a healthy diet over the last 6 months. I just want to enjoy my life without these sudden bouts of feeling terrible. Thanks for any tips in advance.

venusbluejeans
13-01-18, 19:15
Hiya Queenie12 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Vanilla Sky
14-01-18, 09:59
Hi and welcome to NMP �� x

Confetti
15-01-18, 06:05
It is really positive that you are keeping active and eating well, you are making good choices that can only help your body and mind, I would listen to the experts on these matters you bring up with them, they will know if something is amiss and needs addressing. As you know, the beta blocker helps reduce the rate the heart works at, unless you have untoward side effects or feel it's not needed, I would continue on it as advised by the GP. Have you expressed these feelings to the GP? One can never be too curious as to what a professional thinks of their body's state I do believe! I am sorry you have such stress, you will be very paranoid and overburdened with the heart so you must take into account this with your thought processes, :hugs:

roberttorres
19-01-18, 02:41
Welcome! I hope that you will find necessary help and support here