PDA

View Full Version : Bruises

Worriedwellornot
13-01-18, 19:30
I've been posting here about my ongoing chest infection. Had bloods yesterday morning. Had deep tissue massage this morning on my back but when got undressed tonight I have a number of fresh bruises. This has freaked me out as I was already thinking Leukaemia. If the hospital had seen any suspicious results yesterday would they have phoned me or GP already? Is bruising possible with massage. My therapist said my back was rock hard with knotted muscles. Any reassurance welcome. Thanks

Bastett
13-01-18, 20:31
Of course, it can! I can make bruises on myself with my own hands! I have bruises after hot saunas, etc. Have had all my life. Once after a hot hot sauna I had a large 15x20 cm BLACK bruise on my calf. That even got my GP worried but I was fine. All tests came back ok. I don't have leukemia. :D Nor any other blood disease.

Worriedwellornot
13-01-18, 20:47
Thank you Bastett ! Leukaemia has always been my biggest fear and every time I'm sent for blood tests I'm in pieces til the results come back. I've been so lll for last 5 weeks and seen 3 Drs at my surgery. They keep telling me it's a chest infection and virus but of course I jump to worse case scenario. I had begun to feel a bit better today until I saw all the bruises and now I'm spiralling again. I'm hoping if the bloods were bad yesterday I would have been phoned by now . This sucks !