PDA

View Full Version : Left side pain freakin out

Daisy99
13-01-18, 20:34
Hi all. I have a long history of anxiety.
I. Ten weeks postpartum and last two weeks have had dull pain under my left side rib and sometimes towards the back. Ranges from dull to side stitch like feeling. Saw my dr for a physical this week. She felt around and says feels ok and is guessing it may be body healing still but said in a month if continues we will refer to someone else to look into more. She said she wasn’t too worried but I’m freaking out bad. I have a history of thinking;g regular aches can be fatal and more than they are and know the more I focus the worse it is.
I hole my baby a,lot on that side so I am guessing it’s a muscle maybe. But I can’t stop the craziness in my head and it’s gerting out of control

ShaunRyder
13-01-18, 20:36
More than likely a muscle strain, I have just got over one on my right side took well over a month. Your doctor would know if it was something to worry about.

lyndau63
13-01-18, 20:36
I have this sometimes too. Have you ever had irritable bowel syndrome?

Daisy99
13-01-18, 20:38
I have in my 20s. I was having some diarrhea issues during preg and early PP. but recent,y cut out cheese which helps. It feels mostly in one place and is a dull ache almost like my ribs press on something .

lyndau63
13-01-18, 21:30
I agree with Shaun. Probably muscle strain from holding the baby. If doctor has checked you nothing to worry about, especially at your age. Having a baby can certainly make worries all out of proportion.

ShaunRyder
13-01-18, 22:46
Try placing a hot water bottle onto the painful part (not directly on skin) a couple times a day and let the heat do its job! Really helped mine

Daisy99
14-01-18, 02:10
Thanks. I’m 35 now, this was baby 2. Dr said if it doesn’t stop in a month we’d follow up.fewls like an organ though not a muscle. This HA is killing me :(