PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have health anxiety about their mental health?

Weebo
14-01-18, 00:40
This one has been a big thing for me. I’ve always known I’m anxious and obsessive. I often worry about is my mental health. I do have a bit of health issues. I sometimes think I’m going crazy when I experience health issues. I often think I’m imagining things when I’m not, so I avoid telling people about symptoms and try to ignore them.

Like I’ve been labeled autistic and everyone blamed all my issues on that. Even though I’m not properly diagnosed. That label makes a great scapegoat. Like if I seem clumsy and can’t catch balls it must be due to autism. I got labeled with poor motor skills even though I was pretty good at gymnastics. Turns out I just have poor vision in one eye. That probably explains why I was perfectly fine at gymnastics, which doesn’t require depth perception. I also blamed my almond shaped eyes on being autistic/retarded. They’re actually just a non-European feature on my mostly white-passing face.

I often have a lot of anxiety and obsessive thoughts when I have bad health, so it feels like I’m going crazy. I often can’t tell the difference between health and mental health issues. It all blurs together into one big hell. So sorry about whether my health issues justify my symptoms. I also thought my spiritual beliefs would get me diagnosed with schizophrenia.

MyNameIsTerry
14-01-18, 02:01
Fear of Schizophrenia is a fairly common one. It's a well known OCD theme.

So, you will find plenty of members on here who have such worries but they will be scattered around as mental health fears like this seem to be less commonly associated with HA which is seen as more physical on here. The OCD board has seen more in my opinion since being on here but there are threads on this board and Symptoms.

Weebo
14-01-18, 02:23
Fear of Schizophrenia is a fairly common one. It's a well known OCD theme.

So, you will find plenty of members on here who have such worries but they will be scattered around as mental health fears like this seem to be less commonly associated with HA which is seen as more physical on here. The OCD board has seen more in my opinion since being on here but there are threads on this board and Symptoms.

I do worry about physical health symptoms. Worrying about physical health symptoms makes me worry more about my mental health since the act of worrying/obsessing makes me feel crazy. I often wonder if my perceived symptoms are justified for my true issue. So I worry about going crazy or imagining things. This almost causes me more anxiety than the health anxiety itself.