PDA

View Full Version : Lump/bump behind left ear? and other weird symptoms

refreshingsanity
14-01-18, 02:56
so two weeks ago i got this weird cold/flu thing. I'm finally mostly over it, only thing that stayed is that i keep coughing up some excess mucus and also from my nose.its mostly worse in the mornings until i get everything out. but the headaches and sore throat and everything else is gone. I've been worrying about leukemia for quite some time now (3 months or so) and I've noticed symptoms that just keep showing up. these include petiache (not like the really bad ones in pictures, maybe a few tiny tiny tiny red spots on my arms that come and go), my gums are pale (sometimes) and some areas are red/swollen but i think that might be to blame because of poor dental hygiene:unsure:. scared about the pale gums because it can signify anemia, which is a possibility of leukemia.for the past two days I've also been somewhat tired in my first class, then i get over it. i experience a bit shortness of breath sometimes but nothing to wear i have to stop and catch my breath. my face is also really hot (burning) but the rest of my body isn't, and i don't have a fever either. for the past two days I've been experiencing some dizziness/weakness but that might be due to my period coming up in a few days (2 or 3). the thing that mostly is worrying me right now is a bump behind my ear, its more near my hair (mastoid bone???) and also another bump behind my ear. the one near my mastoid bone is hard, hurts when touched. i don't think its getting any bigger, but i only noticed it yesterday. my ear also kinda feels weird, like its pumping?? only sometimes when i think about it. its scary because the lump is visible. there doesn't seem to be any other swollen lymph nodes. also no bruises.today I've also been feeling just out-of-body, a weird dazed feeling, and have been worrying so much about this bump and the other symptoms! my mom told me i had those same bumps years ago (in the same areas) when i was seven, and they went away on their own. I'm just very convinced its leukemia, because seriously everywhere i go, every time I'm on the internet or tv, something about leukemia pops up. as i was telling my mom about my bump yesterday, a news story about a boy with leukemia appeared on television. i just need some reassurance. i have an appointment on thursday to see my nurse practitioner. id appreciate any comments :(

Bastett
14-01-18, 11:11
I have a bump behind my ear that is visible for many years now. It never went away after my terrible allergy episode. It is a lymphnode, nothing scary. You do not have leukemia. Petechiae can also appear after viruses. I had them appear some weeks ago for several times. I was having a cough virus and I also thought leukemia but doctor ridiculed me for that.

swgrl09
14-01-18, 14:01
If you were sick recently and the bump is sore, I would bet it is a lymph node and it is just doing it's job reacting to your virus. It can take a few weeks to go away. Mine pops up all the time when I have a cold or even just a pimple nearby.