PDA

View Full Version : Video game issues!

OakleyEdward
14-01-18, 10:01
Morning, all.

Just had a little go on a Call of Duty game this morning and wow! Haven’t played in months and pretty much as soon as I sharted playing I began to feel dizzy and a bit sick! Just wondering whether anyone else has this problem? The most annoying part is once it’s got its foot in the door I have seem to have the wobbly, boat feeling even after I’ve stopped playing!

ankietyjoe
14-01-18, 12:59
Video games can be very stimulating for the nervous system, and once the nervous system is stimulated it can take a while for it to pass. Just go with it until it does, and maybe lay off the games in the future.

unicorndusy
14-01-18, 13:29
Hey there!

It’s great to read about a fellow gamer! :yahoo: From what you have described this sounds like a relatively common thing to have nowadays, I’m pretty sure it’s motion sickness which can be triggered by any number of things including video games. I personally haven’t had it whilst playing a normal game like COD, but get it quite bad on PSVR. Maybe try drinking loads of water and eating before? Being hungry and dehydrated can really knock you for six - especially when playing a video game. You could try also a fan being pointed at you, so you don’t overheat or possibly if you don’t wear glasses already see an optician as I had a similar thing about going dizzy and it ended up being anxiety combined with a need for glasses for reading...I also have started wearing them whilst drawing and gaming and now I don’t get those symptoms anymore. You can also buy anti sickness bands for motion sickness pretty cheap off eBay so it might be worth a try. I wouldn’t give up trying as you say you didn’t game for months which suggests your brain just needs to get back into the swing of it. I wish I could game for 10 hours straight like I did as a kid again, most I can do now is 4 hours on a weekday because of college etc.

Peace and love

Andy74
14-01-18, 18:59
Hi,

I play lots of games (busy with games help my GAD) and adjusting FOV and turning off head bouncing will help a lot.

Google "video game motion sickness" to find more information.

Shimmy81
14-01-18, 19:05
I have had this happen to me around 4-5 times in last 3 months, along with slight visual issues when looking at screen, and i have been playing video games since the 80's with no problem prior. As the other post said it must have an effect on the nervous system and more so when anxiety is concerned or stress etc.

Hollow
14-01-18, 21:43
I stopped gaming for a few months and when I started again, I felt light headed after about 15 minutes. I think this should go away after you get used to gaming again. Call of Duty is one of those games where there's a lot going on and it's fast paced which could have contributed to this.

OakleyEdward
14-01-18, 21:52
Thanks for all the replies, guys! I think I’ll follow your sound advice and get hydrated beforehand. Also didn’t know you could turn off the head bobbing, sounds good! Imagine if it was so simple to switch parts of our heads off ;)

---------- Post added at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Hey there!

It’s great to read about a fellow gamer! :yahoo: From what you have described this sounds like a relatively common thing to have nowadays, I’m pretty sure it’s motion sickness which can be triggered by any number of things including video games. I personally haven’t had it whilst playing a normal game like COD, but get it quite bad on PSVR. Maybe try drinking loads of water and eating before? Being hungry and dehydrated can really knock you for six - especially when playing a video game. You could try also a fan being pointed at you, so you don’t overheat or possibly if you don’t wear glasses already see an optician as I had a similar thing about going dizzy and it ended up being anxiety combined with a need for glasses for reading...I also have started wearing them whilst drawing and gaming and now I don’t get those symptoms anymore. You can also buy anti sickness bands for motion sickness pretty cheap off eBay so it might be worth a try. I wouldn’t give up trying as you say you didn’t game for months which suggests your brain just needs to get back into the swing of it. I wish I could game for 10 hours straight like I did as a kid again, most I can do now is 4 hours on a weekday because of college etc.

Peace and love

Hello there,

Ahh the good old days of gaming marathons! I used to play Battlefield for hours on end with barely a break, those were the days haha. Really informative post though so thank you for taking the time to reply! Going to try again tomorrow, and just try ploughing through to let my brain adjust again!

Hope you’re having a good one!

jayke
16-01-18, 09:06
I get this with some games. It’s a lot of frames flickering rapidly at eyes so transfixed on what is happening...sensory overload!