PDA

View Full Version : Scared i'll freeze to death.

Clydesdale Epona
14-01-18, 10:57
The title says it all really.

I'm on a national express coach to Birmingham, I've got about another 6-7 hours left to go and i'm feeling really cold.
I'm wearing a jacket, thin flannel another jacket and my coat. Do you think this is enough? I'm shivering slightly and now i'm convinced i'm going to get hypothermia . I'm so terrified :weep:

Phuzella
14-01-18, 11:05
I'm sure you'll be OK. Don't they stop for a break? ?

Gary A
14-01-18, 11:07
Can’t you ask them to turn on the heating or something?

Annaboodle
14-01-18, 11:07
Ask the driver to turn the heating up - I've done that before. But no, you won't get hypothermia sitting inside a coach. It's actually not that cold today. Birmingham is 4 degrees at the moment. I'm in Scotland and it's not that cold here.

Clydesdale Epona
14-01-18, 11:21
The heating is on and the air con is off at the moment.

I feel the cold easily and hypothermia is a big fear of mike so have been in a tizz since I've had to take my kinda thinner coat.

I don't mind the cold as long as i won't die from hypothermia which is what my head is currently saying will happen :/

venusbluejeans
14-01-18, 11:23
Look above your head, there should be a air conditioner..... has it got a heat setting? some do and some don't

14-01-18, 13:10
I went surfing in January off the north coast of Ireland last year for about three hours and when I came out my feet were blue for over an hour and I was shivering, had the exact same fear and made my boyfriend drive me to a&e, they took my temperature and I was fine they told me to just go and have a cup of tea and calm down!! So if my body was ok with that I would be sure you will be ok on this trip, bodies are very good at surviving through temperature changes and regulating themselves so don’t worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishmanpa
14-01-18, 13:21
Do they offer blankets for passengers? What about a hot cup of tea or see if you can pick up a blanket at a stop.

Fact is here, you will not "freeze to death" because you're cold. Even hypothermia is not in the picture here. That coach would have to be open air to make that possible. Heck, due to my treatment, I feel cold even in the summer! Winters are brutal for me. We keep the house at around 68* and I'm in three layers with a wool cap on and my hands and feet still feel like ice :shrug: But I bet if I take my temperature, it's normal ;)

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
14-01-18, 13:50
It's too mild. If you were sleeping in a doorway as a homeless person with a few degrees lower then you may have a concern.

This is about reacting to your fear. What it tells you is a risk, since it thinks it's trying to protect you from harm, isn't the reality. Treat it as an enquiry from the subconscious to the conscious mind and decide it's of no merit and requires no attention.

toddsmum
14-01-18, 16:48
When the bus stops, buy a fleece blanket and a hot drink from the garage store. Put on gloves, scarf or what ever you have in your bag. I lived in the Scottish Highlands where the temp can be -15. No one ever froze to death on the bus here.

mirendou
14-01-18, 17:59
Have you arrived yet at your destination, I'm sitting in my living room and the heating is on, my feet and hands don't feel warm and neither do I so I took my temp, its a little below normal but it always is, got myself a cup of tea and my leg fluff, now feel snug and warm, you have had some great advice and I'm positive you are safe from hyperthermia