PDA

View Full Version : polysytic syndrome and pregnancy

miss motown
29-06-07, 00:42
im not sure i should be posting this here but im so worried and very stressed out. my daughtor who is 19years old was diagnosed with polysytic syndrome a few months back after trying for a baby anyway after missing last months period i went with her to see her gp as i was told her periods could stop with having this anyhow her gp told her to do a pregnancy test and so she did and its came back positive shes over the moon but im at my wits end as ive been reading up on this and it says theres a very high risk she could miscarry if not she could go thru a very bad pregnancy maybe preaclampsia ur even a premature birth i shouldnt of googled as its worried me sick.its even said that woman with this is prone to heart disease and cancer i dont think i can cope im so worried i dont think i can cope mentally for the next eight months ur so i just carnt see this pregnancy running smoothly why did i have to google

tryintfloat
29-06-07, 04:04
I just delivered a beautiful healthy baby boy after a very *high risk* pregnancy. I had very few complications and very high anxiety and irrational fears. The fear far exceeded reality. Now adays medicine is so far advanced and we are watched so closely that the chances of her having the worst happen are small. Try to focus on the blessing this baby will be!!! Our fears are really so mean and steal so much joy!

Congratulations!!

yorkylover
29-06-07, 14:32
Hi congratulations to your daughter.:yesyes:
Try not to google.I have polycystic ovary syndrome,I have been unable to get pregnant.I really wouldnt worry to much,your daughter will be in good hands all through her pregnancy.The baby is a blessing:hugs: :hugs: