PDA

View Full Version : Me again. Visual disturbances

Chlobo
14-01-18, 20:03
Me again... I’m Needing some reassurance please 😭
Has anyone ever had a visual disturbance where an object has moved? Not where you think it has moved but you’re looking straight at it and it moves a few times and stops? I know I’ve had this spoke about already but I’m so worried

Weebo
14-01-18, 20:29
Me again... I’m Needing some reassurance please 😭
Has anyone ever had a visual disturbance where an object has moved? Not where you think it has moved but you’re looking straight at it and it moves a few times and stops? I know I’ve had this spoke about already but I’m so worried

I’ve had it before.

Chlobo
14-01-18, 20:49
What did you have it with weebo

Weebo
14-01-18, 20:59
What did you have it with weebo

What do you mean? I guess it happens when I space out.

Chlobo
14-01-18, 21:28
I just wondered what object you saw move, I was a bit spaced out at the time too

Weebo
14-01-18, 23:35
I just wondered what object you saw move, I was a bit spaced out at the time too

Usually the curtains or maybe the table.

Chlobo
15-01-18, 09:31
I’m so scared by it. I’ve been to the doctor and had a thorough eye check but I’m still so worried!

Somadelblu
15-01-18, 18:52
Hey,

I get visuals as well where an outline of the object is just slightly off kilter to the real thing.

The next time it happens, try to remember what you were thinking about and that may be the underlying cause of it. Anxiety manifests several different ways.

You're ok.

HullSimplibus
15-01-18, 20:20
Yes, I have had this, and it is perfectly normal.

I went for a sight and eye test today because of these type symptoms and everything came back fine, however I do think you should go for an eye test, just in case :-)

You might have astigmatism or nearsightedness, as these can cause these type of symptoms. Neither are a threat to your vision.

Don't worry yourself too much.

axolotl
15-01-18, 21:02
Is this still about the one-off bottle incident?

Chlobo
15-01-18, 21:24
Yes Axo same thing, I’ve been to the doctors and had an in depth eye test. I’m scared about my vision all the time now, the eye doctor said everything looked healthy with my eyes and all my neurological signs were good but she was checking my neuro signs?! I didn’t even ask her to do that, so she clearly panicked when I told her what I’d seen. I really struggle with expressions and tone of voice when I’m in a health situation, I feel like doctors ‘look’ concerned

axolotl
15-01-18, 21:29
everything looked healthy with my eyes and all my neurological signs were good

Literally everything in the rest of that post is pointless. This is the only thing that matters.

When it comes to one-off weirdness... Look, sometimes a visual aberration is just a visual aberration. A hallucination is just a hallucination. Sometimes a headache is just a headache, or a twitch is just a twitch, an ache is just an ache. We're blobby, meaty, fallible machines and we do weird things sometimes.

If your car had a persistent rattle you'd take it to the mechanic to get it checked out. If it rattled once and never rattled again you wouldn't.

You haven't got a persistent rattle. Something weird happened once. But not everything is a puzzle to solve, sometimes oddness just happens. Try and let it go.

Chlobo
15-01-18, 21:36
I can see what you’re saying Axo but I’m really struggling with this. I can’t see how a hallucination can not be an issue, it’s totally abnormal. I’m thinking I have a brain
Tumor slowly growing that’s giving me slower warning signs. God I’m freaking out! It happened near on a week ago and haven’t had it since but it’s making me feel scared witless and out of my mind

Fishmanpa
15-01-18, 21:38
Chloe... you don't. You know it, I know it as does everyone else. There's a history of fears like this from you stretching back years. Not one has come true. This one won't either. I hope you get help with your anxiety as you have a little one and you don't want to pass this on.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts

axolotl
15-01-18, 21:41
I can see what you’re saying Axo but I’m really struggling with this. I can’t see how a hallucination can not be an issue, it’s totally abnormal. I’m thinking I have a brain
Tumor slowly growing that’s giving me slower warning signs. God I’m freaking out! It happened near on a week ago and haven’t had it since but it’s making me feel scared witless and out of my mind

Let me give you an example.

When I was about 13 I was out shopping with my parents and suddenly out of the blue my vision went. But I didn't go blind, instead my entire vision was replaced with what looked like grey static. I could see the shapes of people moving and cars going past, but all amongst the static snow in my vision. It was very, very strange.

A few seconds later my eyes returned to normal.

If that happened to you now you'd be terrified, right? You'd think you'd got further proof of a brain tumour?

Well I can tell you nothing like that ever happened to me before, and 25 years later hasn't happened since.

It was scary, it was weird, it was far more dramatic than your wobbly bottle, and it meant absolutely nothing. Sometimes weirdness just happens.

Chlobo
15-01-18, 21:49
Did they take you to hospital Axo?
I would probably die from fright if that happened to me.
I know Fish, it been years and I’ve had so much therapy and different meds but nothing stops the fear. I can have times where I’m able to manage it better but it’s still there in my mind that it’s catching up with me slowly and I’m gonna end up having one.
No one wants to hear me anymore, my family are sick of it, ive got three little ones now and this is ruining my life �� part of me might pay for a private scan of my head and see if that can help me forget this.

Weebo
15-01-18, 21:51
Yes, I have had this, and it is perfectly normal.

I went for a sight and eye test today because of these type symptoms and everything came back fine, however I do think you should go for an eye test, just in case :-)

You might have astigmatism or nearsightedness, as these can cause these type of symptoms. Neither are a threat to your vision.

Don't worry yourself too much.

I’ve never thought of that. I have astigmatism and I’ve had these symptoms.

Chlobo
15-01-18, 21:51
I’m thinking if it happens again I’m just gonna have a breakdown.
My mum told me if it happens again to just ignore it! Actually everyone I’ve asked that doesn’t have health anxiety has said they wouldn’t of even gone to the doctors about what happened if it was them. Some people just live their lives like they’re invincible

axolotl
15-01-18, 21:58
Did they take you to hospital Axo?

Nope, just went home!

Chlobo
23-01-18, 20:33
I have a debilitating fear of brain tumors. It’s something I worry about every single day and I seem to get an array of symptoms such a perceived weakness, twitching, clumsiness etc.

Well I’ve been staring at my phone at a word on a white background, and this word seems to move up and down a little as I stare at it. My eyes have a natural ‘shake’ so when I focus on something my eyes do move slightly to the left or right which I’ve had ever since I can remember. My question is do you think this is normal with vision? Some members will remember the visual issue I had with the milk bottle moving and I’m relating it to this as well now. Trying my hardest to be rational but I’d really appreciate some advice because I’m going’s through a tough time right now in my personal life so it’s making my HA spiral so badly

axolotl
23-01-18, 20:35
Chloe, you know the answer to this is the same as every other one of your posts.

Hope your therapy wait isn't too long.

Chlobo
23-01-18, 20:47
Thanks Axo. It sounds stupid but I just NEED to hear I’m okay. I genuinely can’t think I am myself.
I’m still waiting, hopefully it won’t be long

Elen
24-01-18, 16:56
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

glassgirlw
25-01-18, 00:07
Well I’ve been staring at my phone at a word on a white background, and this word seems to move up and down a little as I stare at it. My eyes have a natural ‘shake’ so when I focus on something my eyes do move slightly to the left or right which I’ve had ever since I can remember.

Has happened to me many, many times, for years. Exactly as you say. I’m still here - I think you’re fine.

If I had to guess I would say you are hyper aware of every twinge, or “symptom” you experience right now - and that’s whats causing all these little things you’re experiencing. Fix the anxiety, fix the symptoms :)

Best wishes!

Chlobo
20-02-18, 15:01
Back again ☹️ I’ve just had my first driving lesson and I was driving for a while down a country road when she asked me to pull over. When I stopped the car the lines on the road were still moving like the car was moving or rolling back. I’d been staring at the road while I was driving so it’s almost like my brain got confused that we had stopped.
I googled it and it said neuro disorders. I’m really worried now 😟

Carys
20-02-18, 22:30
I replied on your now closed thread......you can see what I said there. :D

Chlobo
21-02-18, 09:42
What you said did reassure me Carys but the lines on the road were actually moving like I was driving and the car felt like it was moving. It wasn’t just the feeling I could see the lines move as well. It was definitely along the lines of what you’ve said but the white lines moving rather than it just being a feeling has frightened me 😟

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

Your eyes/visual system compensate for repetitive signals- if you are driving a car and looking straight ahead, everything in your visual field is moving "towards" you in a relatively consistent manner, so your brain just aknowledges that everything is moving that way and compensates. Shifting your vision (or stopping the car) suddenly causes what is in your field of vision to stop moving in the same way, but it takes time to readjust. during that time you see motion in the opposite direction, so instead of everything towards you it appears everything is stretching away.

Many optical illusions or tricks rely on the same compensation system. Staring at a coloured image and then at a blank wall, or staring at one solid colour for a minute then looking at another colour, causes you to briefly "see" the opposite of what you were staring at. In the case of the moving car, the input you were staring at was motion so you perceive the opposite motion.

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Read this article and it seems reassuring?

Chlobo
26-02-18, 08:45
This happened last week and I’m starting to get really anxious about it again. Can anyone help? This is why I hate replying on threads because no one sees your posts ☹️

Carys
26-02-18, 08:48
Yes we do see them, as it comes up in active threads....nothing can be said that hasn't been said before. I don't mean that rudely, but reminding you that the answers you have here already will cover your fears again. Re-read them and then repeat them to yourself when you feel anxious, you need to learn self-reassurance.

cattia
26-02-18, 09:36
I have been having a lot of trouble with visual disturbances too. I had a bad run of this last year and I have to say that once I started to focus on other worries, it did improve. However now it's back. For me it is certain lighting that my eyes seem to be very over sensitive to. I keep trying to tell myself that it's bad because I am focusing on it but of course my HA tells me that I'm focusing on it because it's getting worse and now I can't stop focusing on it so how can I know? I also have had issues when driving, similar to what you describe as well.

SLGran
20-05-18, 15:10
I have migraine aura, without the pain of migraine thankfully. Just the aura, I close my eyes for an hour and it goes. But this time I've had like a candle flame or small sun in the corner of both eyes, eg it's there which ever eye I open. It's been here for over a week now. I've been to docs, he gave me number of hospital casualty, I phoned them and they said they thought it was stress migraine and to phone my optician, which I did. He said the same and made an appt to see him but not for a couple of weeks. I'm going to try and get a closer appt. I'm really worried .. it's there all the time .. sometimes it changes .. I'm so worried it's a brain thing and not an eye thing. Has anyone else had this?

.nike.
20-05-18, 22:38
Hey I actually posted a topic. I get these too. I’ve been having blind spots for years that haven’t left and I do get optical migraines. But my eye doctor said I have a clean bill of health. So I thought they were from the migraines, guess not. She said it was anxiety related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk