PDA

View Full Version : Feeling much better but now a nibbling worry that I’m not worried enough.

Weasley123
14-01-18, 20:30
Lately I’ve been doing much better on the HA front. Despite the fact that , or msybr because of the fact that, the big 40 which I have dreaded for years is 2 months away I’ve been less anxious about my husband and my own health. I had a blip when the study on bcp abs breast cancer was published but after talking to my husband and my dr I decided to stay on it. I have bad periods. I know I have risk factors for bc: the pill, drink wine , no kids etc. But I’ve obsessed over it less. I generally have been feeling happy lately and even optimistic for the next decade and enjoying my hobby’s my 4 dogs ( I have a new chihuahua puppy) my vintage clothing collecting biking and exploring the city. But I have niggling fear that I’m too happy tgat right now when everything is good id when the big disaster will strike. Part of me I think feels I’d i fear the worst abd worry it won’t happen but if I relax abd am happy it will. I knoe this is disordered thinking, but is it common? Is total recovery possibly

lyndau63
14-01-18, 20:36
I think it is very common and I certainly have these feelings. I am scared of recovering from HA in case something suddenly takes me by surprise. It is really hard to make people understand this thinking. I am sure total recovery is possible but sadly I haven't got there yet. Hopefully someone who has will reply to you too but wanted you to know that I understand the fear and you are not alone.

Weasley123
14-01-18, 20:38
How worried R u on like a daily basis I can now go 2 or 3 days without worries then I’m like uh oh better worry