PDA

View Full Version : Counterfeit products on amazon scare

Megan99
15-01-18, 00:13
I got this skin care product from amazon and have been using it. I cam accross this article that said you should never by skincare products from amazon becuase they could be counterfeit and contain dangerous things like cyanide and urine and stuff. I am really terrified now. I read the label on my product and the words looked different from that on the picture. I cant stop thinking that I wasted a bunch of money and I could have exposed my skinn to dangerous substances.

MyNameIsTerry
15-01-18, 08:42
Amazon is a massive seller, it would be like saying the same about Tesco.

What they might have meant is the private sellers on there which is when it becomes the same as Ebay. But checking them out is easy enough with the feedbacks and many of the companies selling on these places are registered trading companies with their own websites or shops.

But if it's sold direct by Amazon it's coming from a wholesale or manufacturer source so it's no different than what any shop would be stocking.

Magic
15-01-18, 22:30
I find Amazon alright for anything.
I don't know how I would cope without them from face cream. Eye wash or anything else. I have never had to send anything back.

Megan, if you have a reaction to the cream then stop using it.
It will not be Amazons fault if you have a reaction.

If you buy creams from anywhere they should have the ingredients written on the container.