PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell the difference between a migraine and eye strain?

Weebo
15-01-18, 01:11
I sometimes get migraines. Usually closing my eyes for a few minutes makes the pain go away, but as soon as I start to use my eyes the headache comes back. I wear glasses, but the prescription is often wrong. They do help with headaches. Ever since I got a prescription change I’ve gotten migraines more frequently. Some of my migraines seem to be more stomach related, so closing eyes doesn’t help too much with headaches. But with others it really does help.

wilky44
15-01-18, 07:54
Closing your eyes for a few moments won't make a migraine suddenly vanish. Trust me, I get them. You need to get the right prescription for your eyes first and foremost. I dont understand how they can keep getting it wrong?

Weebo
15-01-18, 08:40
Closing your eyes for a few moments won't make a migraine suddenly vanish. Trust me, I get them. You need to get the right prescription for your eyes first and foremost. I dont understand how they can keep getting it wrong?

I just have a difficult and complicated glasses prescription. I also have bad eye strain which makes my eyes harder to test. I’m going to get them dilated, so they can se what my eyes are actually like.

ankietyjoe
15-01-18, 15:27
Yeah a bad migraine is like being kicked in the head by a horse, whilst having a hangover and rinsing your eyes out with sand.

Closing your eyes won't just make it go away, although light does make it worse (when I used to get them anyway).

Weebo
15-01-18, 23:59
Yeah a bad migraine is like being kicked in the head by a horse, whilst having a hangover and rinsing your eyes out with sand.

Closing your eyes won't just make it go away, although light does make it worse (when I used to get them anyway).

I think I’ve had migraines like that a few times, but most of them go away or get way better by just closing my eyes and avoiding stimulation. Can eye strain be a trigger for milder migraines or are those fake migraines? I find those migraines that get better with closing my eyes aren’t super bad. I just notice eye pain, light and noise sensitivity and maybe a bit of nausea.