PDA

View Full Version : Anxious and frustrated

bubx
15-01-18, 06:02
I have been feeling this weird pressure on my nose these past few days. It is at the tip of my nose and sometimes extends upwards. I thought it was nasal congestion but when I went to the doctor's today, he said there was no congestion or inflammation and could see no sinus infection. The pressure is on and off but always there as if someone is tapping the tip of my nose. I'm only 17 and the doctor said I have a high heart beat and blood pressure. I'm so scared that this could be something sinister... should I seek out a 2nd opinion?

RyanM1994
15-01-18, 09:04
Morning,

It doesn't sound like anything sinister, but I'm not aware of anything serious that starts with nose discomfort.

Anxiety can cause any number of strange sensations throughout your body, especially if you are anxious about other things (high heartbeat and blood pressure for example).

Maybe monitor it for a week or so to see if it changes before even thinking about getting a second opinion?

I take it the doctor is treating you for the blood pressure?

Hope the anxiety calms soon :)

bubx
15-01-18, 09:35
Thanks for the reply x For high blood pressure I was told just to do some regular exercise. The pressure on my nose seems to go away with exercise but more prevalent when I think about it / focus on it :shrug:

RyanM1994
15-01-18, 09:48
No problem :).

They don't seem too concerned about the blood pressure which is a good thing, a positive to take from it

To be perfectly honest, the way you're describing it sounds like a normal HA symptom. When you're exercising two things are hapening, one, your brain is releasing endorphins which gives you a 'happy' feeling, and two, you're focusing on something other than your nose!

bubx
15-01-18, 23:14
I’m just scared it’s something neurological that is affecting the pressure feeling of my nose tip. I had a brain tumour fear a few days ago and can’t help thinking if it’s all linked