PDA

View Full Version : Back again after 2 years - Leg pain

RyanM1994
15-01-18, 08:55
Morning,

Seems like forever since I last visited or posted on this site, but after 2 years of manageable anxiety :yesyes:, today is the day I have to return and post again:mad::weep:

Saturday morning I woke up, felt perfectly fine, spent a few hours in bed watching TV. Then I went to get out of bed and felt what I believed to be a pulled muscle in my thigh. This was fine, thought nothing of it so carried on with my day. Went out for a drive, rested my arm on my leg and I had pain at the top of my thigh in one specific line towards my knee.

Ofcourse me being me Googled it (first time in over a year :mad:), and the tender part of my leg correlates with the positioning of the deep veins in our legs.

The past 2 days it has gotten more tender, and today my thigh feels tight and I have a similar pain towards the left of the thigh (outside).

I would normally run straight to the doctors, but my surgery has closed down recently and I'm unable to take any time off of work (I do a desk job and spend most of my time sitting)

While sitting, the pain is not present, but if I walk around it is along with tightness. If I move my foot in any direction it doesn't hurt. When I poke the area it hurts in specific places

I appreciate any advice you can give me and that this isn't a medical forum, hoping to get reassurance or personal experiences

bubx
15-01-18, 10:33
If there is a cause for the pain, ie a pulled muscle, it should be fine. I like to use these medicated patches [Chinese medicinal plasters] that relaxes the muscle. They're really good for pulled muscles

wilky44
15-01-18, 12:47
Could be your ITB. It runs from your thigh to your knee. It can get tight, mine did