PDA

View Full Version : Getting an ECHO today

braveinfiction
15-01-18, 16:46
On Thursday/Friday last week I started to have pain in my arm again and then my chest (under my left breast) and it's started radiating all over basically, to my upper left back and center of my chest. It's not an excruciating pain, in fact, it's different at different times. It goes from an ache, to like a stab, almost like if you have a catch, to small localized spots.

I went to the ER again yesterday and they did an ECG/Chest X-Ray (again) and said it all looked good and sent me home. Pain actually got worse at a point yesterday evening and I took two Ativans and went to sleep. Today I called my cardio and the nurse was cool, moved my Echo from Mid-February to today (2:30 Est); I'm obviously so anxious it's absurd, but I feel like when this is done I'll have exhausted all the things I can do and finally begin accepting this is anxiety...or dealing with whatever is causing it.

Wish me luck; I'm not religious, but if you are and want to pray, that'd be okay to. I'm really scared they'll say something is super wrong and I won't be allowed to come home, as unlikely as that is based on my previous EKGs and stuff, it feels so real now that it's manifested into any kind of recognizable pain.

budgie1979
15-01-18, 18:18
Good luck. Hopefully you'll be back here in a few hours telling us you got the all clear.

I've been struggling with the same sorts of pain since last week together with off and on abdominal pains, but I'm highly anxious right now so I think that's all it is. Have been arguing with myself in my head about whether to go to the ER and get it checked. Unfortunately, my husband is out of town until Friday, and I have no one to look after my dog if the ER wants to keep me there for hours or admit me.

I have an appointment with a psychiatrist on Wednesday to discuss meds for my anxiety. I need some help getting over this blip. It's just so frustrating how slow everything moves when you finally decide you need help with mental health.

braveinfiction
15-01-18, 20:06
Out of echo. Took about 30 mins, said results could be 2 to a week. Guessing they wouldn't have let me go if something too concerning showed up. Also, my sonographer was really cute...made it go by fast. Had to stop myself from asking her out.

Jack4440
15-01-18, 20:17
Out of echo. Took about 30 mins, said results could be 2 to a week. Guessing they wouldn't have let me go if something too concerning showed up. Also, my sonographer was really cute...made it go by fast. Had to stop myself from asking her out.

As someone who has had an echo and my partners dad is a cardiologist (and I picked his brain before my procedure) I can assure you that they wouldn’t let you go if it was serious. Usually if they see somthing the imaging takes longer as they need to take more pictures of the abnormalities.
It definitely sounds promising. It’s a terrifying thing to go through as it’s a deeper step than an ECG I panicked that sonthing must be wrong. Mine was totally fine too, as yours will be :-).

braveinfiction
15-01-18, 20:49
Thanks. I still feel pain. Maybe I should really consider the "silent rereflux" my GP warned me about. Don't know what was/is causing the arm pain. Honestlysome of her rolling over my ribs was just as irritating as the pains themselves.

Jack4440
15-01-18, 21:02
I still get pains sometimes behind my sternum and go back into panic mode thinking somthing is wrong. I have reflux and anxiety. I’ve had countless ECG’s, hotter monitors and an echo so maybe I need to accept my heart is not the problem. Trapped wind in the chest, reflux, muscular or esophegeal spasm are probably more likely.