PDA

View Full Version : Varying blood test results

CG5246
15-01-18, 21:12
Over the past few months I have been in a health anxiety spiral and have been to numerous doctors (general doctors, internal medicine, neurologist, ENTs) and have had my blood taken with every new doctor. The last blood test I got was completely perfect in every way (that's what my ENT said), which is reassuring, but I didn't get a chance to look at the results as I didn't receive my own copy. I still have a copy of 2 different blood tests I got a couple months ago. I was looking at them tonight and noticed that the values aren't exactly the same. For example, MCH, TSH, Thrombocytes, etc.

These tests were taken 5 days apart...is it normal for blood test results to vary?!

Fishmanpa
15-01-18, 21:16
These tests were taken 5 days apart...is it normal for blood test results to vary?!

Totally normal. They can change from the morning to the evening ;)

Positive thoughts

CG5246
15-01-18, 21:30
Totally normal. They can change from the morning to the evening ;)

Positive thoughts

Thanks Fishmanpa...I literally am driving myself insane with worry. Follow up with my doctor tomorrow about the lymph nodes after the blood test and I am just scared.

countrygirl
15-01-18, 21:58
Yes def can change within a day. For example i had a thyroid test one day and was taken into hospital that evening and they retested and told me results of both tests and there was quite a difference!

Careful1
16-01-18, 00:13
Yes labs fluctuate.