PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph or boil/spot?

LF87
16-01-18, 12:57
Hi,
I'm doing quite well(ish) with my HA at the moment but something has literally popped up. Not yesterday the day before I woke up with a sore armpit, looked and there was a big red boil looking thing which hurt to touch. It was swollen outwards and looked like a spot and had a tiny white dot so I didn't freak too much.
But it's gone down today and now feels under the skin so I'm worried it's a lymph node :( I know it might just be the spot thing getting better, but does it sound like a lymph? Like I said it was originally red and sticking outwards of the skin like a spot, but the redness has faded but still feels hard like a boil.
I did have the same thing a year or so ago on my groin, the doctor said it was just an irritated hair follicle. Does this sound like the same thing and not a lymph node?

ShaunRyder
16-01-18, 15:03
I've had loads of spots like that under the armpits and in the groin, if there was a white spot it was most likely pus meaning it was a spot/boil. I've still got a spot under the skin from about 3 weeks ago. Just see how it goes over the next few days

Mindprison
16-01-18, 17:26
I have this right now too. It stings like hell when I put deoderant on and its extremely itchy. When I had this before it turned out to be minor irritation due to a small fungal infection

See if the doc or pharmacy can give you an oitment for it and it should clear up on its own.