PDA

View Full Version : need help determining if gas, or something else

cofo
16-01-18, 16:45
first off,
please don't tell me what the symptoms are of pancreatic stuff..... :) if this is not it then that's all i need to know.... i do not need to know the actual symptoms....i'd like to steer clear of that!! that's why i do not google.

so, last night, i didn't sleep at all. i was so uncomfortable. i was having mild abdominal pain...it seemed to be mostly on my left side, but i was feeling it all in my abdomen...belly button and below. i tried moving and doing things i used to do for my baby to release gas, and it seemed to release some (lol), but it never released enough to make me feel better. this went on all night. it wasn't "painful", just moderate discomfort, enough to make it impossible to sleep. so this morning, it's pretty much gone, except for i have this one lingering spot that is really tender. it's on the left side, and it's not bad pain but it's definitely discomfort. if you put your left hand on your hip, right where your waist is, as a female, it hurts where the thumb lands in the back, right at the end of the rib cage and where my hand sits. it's really tender and hurts more when i press on it. the whole area where my hand covers is tender.
i'm just hoping its only my colon, some trapped gas, and not pancreatitis. i'm a wine drinker, 2 glasses a night, and i'm trying not to go there.
i'm not going to look up the pancreas, and i reiterate, i don't want to know any more about it than i already do, i do know where it is, unfortunately.

any help?

---------- Post added at 11:45 ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 ----------

sorry.....anxiously awaiting some responses :) :blush:

cofo
16-01-18, 21:41
����*♀️

Fishmanpa
16-01-18, 21:47
I know you're looking for reassurance but no one can tell you the reasons behind your symptoms. I can tell you that the leap to pancreatitis is a big one, especially in light of it easing up. I had it when I was a teen and it put me in the hospital!

Positive thoughts

poppy77
16-01-18, 22:49
Probably just trapped gas. Like you said, when you massaged your tummy, some gas got released. It will probably be a bit tender for a while, especially until you have a bowel movement. Trapped gas can be extremely uncomfortable, my mother in law gets bad bouts of it. Hot water bottles can help.

Not going into symptoms of pancreatitis but you'd definitely know if you had that. My brother in law had it (he's absolutely fine now) and was hospitalised in hours after being in agonising pain. You'd know.

chibear
17-01-18, 02:46
I’ve had symptoms similar to this a few times and it just ended up being trapped gas. It is EXTREMELY uncomfortable, but it eventually passes.

cofo
17-01-18, 22:05
Thanks for the responses. I was feeling more relaxed about this, actually thinking it was no big deal, esp since acute pancreatitis would be very psingul. Then I had a bout of diarrhea today. And upper back pain by my shoulder blades. Lots of gurgling in my digestive track. Now I read this board some yesterday and discovered chronic pancreatitis, which I now wish I didn't know about. I have an average of 2 glasses of red wine every night(occasionally 1 & occasionally 3). Have for years. Which is not good for the pancreas. ... I feel fine otherwise. I had labs in august which were fine . Should I just incorporate the 2 week rule? If it's not better by then, then worry about it?