PDA

View Full Version : nasty people

mirry
29-06-07, 12:43
Hi everyone, Ive had a horrible morning, got myself all upset and in tears :weep: .

As I am battling agrophobia, I find it difficult going out to work but when my work phoned me asking me to do an extra job today I said yes,
(i do home help). The lady I went to I have been to her several times before as a cover for her normal home help, and she has always been very rude when I go there , she called me stupid once :blush: and just generally puts me down when i am there, but I always thought "oh well i dont come here much" and let it go over my head.
Well today she had me in tears cos she said to me, "have you got change on you ?" so i said "yes i have" , then she replied GOOD COS YOU OWE ME £2.80 ! I asked whys that ? then she said the past 2 times you came to me you took too much money :ohmy: . I said i dont understand how can i take too much money , you pay me ? she said I gave you too much and you took it , then she said "DO YOU LIKE STEALING FROM PEOPLE DO YOU" ,

Well as you can imagine I burst into tears , I couldnt believe what she was saying , I only work 4 hours a week cos of my panic attacks so certainly didnt need this . Anyway she told me she had reported me to the work office, omg , I was so upset but knew i hadnt done anything wrong, but worried would the office believe me ?

I phoned the office and told them what she said to me, then found out that they have had 24 agencys go to her but all the girls leave cos of how she treats them. WHAT A RELIEF :yesyes: .

but im still feeling really shaken up, she telling everyone i owe her £2.80:weep: .
I cant believe how horrible people can be, its these sort of things that make me hide from the world even more.

On top of all this my daughters school phoned me to say she had no lunch with her so I had to go up the school all over again.

WHAT A DAY.

mystics
29-06-07, 13:17
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww mirry :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: just wanted to send you some hugs and hope that your day gets better.

Try not to let this one person's nasty comments ruin the rest of your day, you have been doing so well lately, even with your ear probs,:bighug:

Thinking of you
Brightest Blessings and hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Mystics
xxxx

manmoor
29-06-07, 13:23
Awww Mirry hun thats awful :hugs: people can be very cruel and hurtful. Have a big hug hun :hugs: and some flowers :flowers: xxx

Piglet
29-06-07, 13:27
Aww hun don't take it to heart - you know you're a good un!! :hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

Lindalou64
29-06-07, 14:37
aww mirry hun i know how you feel i take care of elderly and my last patient i had had alzeimers women which i loved but she use to hit me and scream i use to drive home and cry ALOT..........its not an easy job but it is a rewarding job to help them in need....she probally dont even know what she is talking about,sometimes elderly get bitter cause they dont trust anyone........well i wish for you a pleasant client..........Linda

lilibet
29-06-07, 15:39
Oh Mirry

I know just how you feel as ive been there myself, my advice would be to TRY and not take it to heart.

I used to work for an old lady, and i know that she really appreciated me but i couldnt cope with her nit picking and constant penny pinching when it came to paying me, she literally worked it out to the last penny even though i used to do her shopping and on occasion her washing too free of charge!!!!

The other thing to remember that we too will be old one day!!!!

Hope your little one enjoyed lunch

Love Lilibet x x

mirry
29-06-07, 15:57
forgot to say this laddy is in her 50's and knows exactly what she is saying, shes disabled and I felt sorry for her but will not go to her again.
Yeah I know Im a good girl Piglet :winks: I just take things to heart to easily, dont know why ?:shrug:

Southern_Belle
29-06-07, 17:32
Sorry you had such a bad client Mirry. :hugs: and hopefully you won't have any others that are so mean. You are just sensitive and I am too. Try to shake it off and know that you are in the right. Be proud of yourself that you made 2 runs to the school. :yesyes:

:hugs: ,

Laura

mirry
29-06-07, 18:31
Laura yes i am very sensitive , it doesnt take much to hurt my feelings.

Also did school run at the end of the day so that was 3 in one day ,lol.

domino
29-06-07, 19:18
Mirry, hope your feeling better this evening, some people can be sooo horrible, i used to do bank nursing , and some of the people i used to look after ended up where they were cos their own family had had enough of them.If it was,nt for people like you these people would have no one, then they would have something to complain about.Sending you lots of hugs, chin up. xx

happyone
29-06-07, 19:39
:hugs: Hunny

Some people are born with a chip on their shoulder hun. If it is any consolation, she is probably really unhappy as people like that don't really make friends but they cannot understand why.
You are a sweetie, well done for going in the first place.

Happyone
xx

groovygranny
29-06-07, 21:13
Aw Mirry, big http://aranel.zandalea.net/eleni/images/g/Hug.giffor you !

I used to take absolutle everything to heart - even things that were said to me and weren't meant to upset me always did!

We have to learn how to let things like this wash over us. It's not easy at all, but you'll feel the difference the first time you do it.

When this happens to me now I just say to myself "well, I know the truth - and nothing can change the truth".

Happyone is right - sadly some people are so hurt themselves that they can't stop it overspilling on to others.

Don't let this be an obstacle to you - and don't let it rob you of your progress.

Hope you're feeling a bit better this evening.

XXX

belle
29-06-07, 21:33
Hi Mirry...

I'm sorry to see that you've have a rough time at work, people can be so horrid sometimes, but I can relate to this completely.

I clean twice a week for an old couple (in their 80's) just round the corner (a minute in the car) from me and twice in the last month the lady has made me cry.

The lady ALWAYS refers to me as either SHE or THE CLEANER, never my name. The other day i was moaned at because i had dusted and moved something - what the hell am i supposed to do when i am dusting? Dust around them? No, cause then i wouldn't be doing my job! And then the other thing was that they have a sideboard which is completely cluttered with papers and the man says to me "leave it, i'll do it"...so i do! But the other day i was coming downstairs and i could here her saying "Look, SHE never cleans that, its all dusty, SHE doesn't do it properly". I walked into the room with tears in my eyes and explained that i am always told to leave it, but the lady wouldn't have it, in the end i said "Okay, i won't come anymore."

Later on, the man did apologise to me for his wifes outburst!!!!

I am extremely sensitive and do cry at the drop of a hat. I think what makes it worse is that they don't realise how HARD it is for me to actually go there and do the work, as an agoraphobic i would much rather sit in my house and not do anything!

x

eeyorelover
29-06-07, 21:33
Hey Mirry -
You want me to come over there and whip some butt?? LOL

Some people are just a-holes hun and no matter what you do they will always be a-holes!!

Don't let people like that get to ya Mirry!! You are a terrific gal and a great friend!!

Luv ya
xxx
Sandy

beadbabe
29-06-07, 21:43
She sounds like a witch.
Poor you - she is a very bitter person but it doesn't give her any excuse for picking on other people.

Hope you feel better now

beadbabe xxxxxx

kazzie
30-06-07, 00:08
Hi Mirry:hugs:

I used to be a carer and some clients can be abusive and rude:lac:

Hugs to ya hun:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Luv Kaz x x x

heths
30-06-07, 16:24
Hi Mirry,

I'm sorry to hear this. I used to get upset by customers sometimes too.

In both places I worked I had to answer phones, and sometimes i'd get customers who were rude or nasty.

Hope you're feeling better today,

Heather x

mirry
06-07-07, 18:08
ahhhhhhh , just read your replys, thank you everyone, glad im not the only one who has to put up with this crap. I have stopped going to her (shes dangerous) .
Bluebell, oh poor you, its horrible isnt it, I would cry too, I hate being like this, my hubby says "YOU CANT PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME"

you are all so kind to me , restored my faith in man kind xxxxxxxx

strawberrie
09-07-07, 09:46
hi mirry, i'm sorry you had such a horrible experience, she sounds like a right witch. it can seem like such a setback being upset by nasty people like that. i had some really horrible woman shouting and screaming at me cos she didnt like where i parked the other day - she was so nasty, i went home and had a good cry. i always think i should toughen up a bit and not care what people say, but really i think i'd rather be like me and be over-sensitive, than like her and be really hard with no feeling for anyone else. Just remember you are a better person than her so dont let her get to you.:hugs:

mag

mirry
09-07-07, 13:51
:yesyes: