PDA

View Full Version : Taking Other Things With AD's

andrewjdavid2005
06-12-04, 21:22
I was just wondering i am considering taking Vitamin B Complex and pure EPA with my Cipralex is this ok to do?

I have heard that EPA is good for depression and also heard that Vitamin B Complex is good for fatigue and that under stress we need more vitamins is this true?

I would like to hear from people who have taken either Vitamin B Complex or EPA and hear their views.

Thank you.

tara
06-12-04, 21:25
Hi Andrew, I take vitamin b complex with cipralex and it's fine, nothing to worry about Take Care Tara

vernon
06-12-04, 21:40
hi i too have cipralex and my shrink told me to ask my GP for vit b compound strong tabs, so as tara days must be ok. take care Vernon

Meg
06-12-04, 21:42
You are totally right about the Vit B complex - ensure its got 50 mg of all of them and fine to take with SSRI.

You might want to consider swapping the EPA ( evening primrose?) for an Omega 3 or 6 . The research is showing these to be more effective for anxiety and depression .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

andrewjdavid2005
06-12-04, 22:00
The Vitamin B Cmplex i have has these as follows, i havent taken any yet though.

Vitamin B1 1.4mg
Vitamin B2 1.6mg
Vitamin B3 18mg
Vitamin B6 2mg
Folic Acid 200mg
Vitamin B12 1mg
Pantothenic Acid 6mg

Are these the right ones? what effet do these Vitamin B Complex have do they really help i still feel tired all the time and am sleeping like 10-15 hours sleep every night its not right and i have been on my Cipralex for 14 weeks now i seem to be sleeping too much these days.

Meg
06-12-04, 22:46
I maintain myself on this . I took one day for about 6 months and now take 3 a week.

Vit B is the main vitamin vital for the nervous system and vit C for the antioxidant component is included.

www.questvitamins.co.uk

Nutritional Information

Choline Bitartrate 50 mg
Folic Acid 400 µg
Inositol 50 mg
Niacin (B3) 50 mg
PABA 50 mg
Pantothenic Acid 50 mg
Riboflavin (B2) 50 mg
Thiamin (B1) 39 mg
Vitamin B12 50 µg
Vitamin B6 41 mg
Vitamin C 1000 mg

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance