PDA

View Full Version : 24. Blood in urine. Terrible health anxiety:(

Stormy21
17-01-18, 16:18
Hi everyone, My name is Stormy and I'm new to this site. In the past 4 months, i have noticed a couple drops of blood...a light pink color after urinating. I have the urgency and burning sensation on and off. It usually comes and goes every month. I saw many doctors who did not find infections and found no blood in urine. Finally got referred to a urologist and he thinks its nothing serious and says he thinks im just fine, but is going to check inside my bladder to see if he can find out what is going on. Can anyone relate to this. I can't sleep or even function properly:( waiting for the procedure is killing me:(

nomorepanic
17-01-18, 16:34
It could be kidney stones - I have them and they can cause bleeding.

You will need to get it checked out though with scans and/or a cystoscopy

Stormy21
17-01-18, 16:48
I do have the scheduled in a week. What symptoms do you have with kidney stones?

nomorepanic
17-01-18, 18:03
Pain in lower abdomen - groin area

Stormy21
17-01-18, 20:28
Do you have the burning and urgency? Did it last for months?

nomorepanic
17-01-18, 20:46
No burning or urgency. I got fast-tracked within 2 weeks cos I was in so much pain. Had two lots of antibiotics which sorted it. I still have the stones but they are monitoring them.

Stormy21
17-01-18, 21:02
That sounds terrible! Thank you for replying. Hopefully I don't have anything more serious. I pretty much conviced myself I have bladder Cancer, even though the urologist thinks I'm fine and it's nothing 😐

nomorepanic
17-01-18, 22:57
Even if you DO have it and that is a big IF it is very treatable - I know 2 people that have had bladder cancer and successfully treated and fine now.

WiseMonkey
17-01-18, 23:32
Hi,
Sounds like you are doing all the right things, the bladder examination will give the urologist more info. I had frequency and burning which turned out to be interstitial cystitis (inflammation not infection), which can be treated and is an autoimmune condition. I have chronic fatigue syndrome so am more predisposed to this. Not life threatening, just flares from time to time.

Try drinking lots of water, stop drinking coffee, tea or alcohol or eating anything acidic and see if it helps :)

nomorepanic
17-01-18, 23:39
Oh yes forgot to tell you that they told me to drink 3 litres of water a day!

Stormy21
18-01-18, 00:17
Thank you both! I will stop drinking so much coffee and drink more water! In the past few months since i started my new job, i have been drinking a lot of coffee and monsters. My doctor did diagnose me with cystitis when she referred me to a urologist. Hoping thats all it is. My health anxiety is terrible right now and hearing from tou both has helped me feel a little better.

Stormy21
08-02-18, 15:16
Hi guys! Just thought I'd update you. My procedure went well and they said my bladder was very healthy :). He said to cut down on caffeinated beverages and drink more water. No more blood:) thank you guys so much for the support!