PDA

View Full Version : coming off Escitalopram

Chellec
29-06-07, 14:23
Hi all

I have been coming off Escitalopram 20mg for the last two months and now taking 1 every 4 days. Im feeling a bit up and down but Im so worried that when I finally stop all the problems will come back therefore why take them in the 1st place. Can someone help or reassure me please. Also how long do I have to be totally off them before I can take st John wort ect ( if I need to).
I have also put on 2 stone since taking these tablets. Has anyone else had weight issues? xxx

Coni
29-06-07, 22:59
Hi chellec,

I had to come off escitalopram very slowly too....my Gp gradually reduced the dose and prescribed 10mg and then 5mg and then I went to one every few days and gradually stopped from there.

If you start to feel as if your problems have all returned you can always go back and discuss this with your GP....does your GP know you are stopping meds?

Have you had any other kind of treatment such as counselling? This can sometimes help with the underlying issues which led to your problems in the first place.

I found that medication was useful to get me to the point where I could face the world to a certain extent and also begin dealing with my issues, though everyones different in what they need to help them.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

luv Coni XX