PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety and IBS make you lose weight?

tan235
17-01-18, 20:26
Hi All!
I've had a rough couple of months as you all know, worried about one thing to the next and now I'm losing weight!
I've always been sitting around 50kg but then I put on weight and went up to 56kg and now I"m back down to 53kg, to be honest I felt better at 56kg.
I've also got terrible IBS now every morning, just IBS D runny poop, every morning i get pains and go the toilet, but I"ve noticed I"m getting a sunken in tummy again and now I"m freaking out about bowel cancer or some kind of cancer, maybe liver or lung. I had a CT colonoscopy in 2014, maybe it's time for a new one??? Anyone else find it hard to put on weight when you have anxiety?
Trouble is as well is that i don't feel like eating, so that's hard too.
My anxiety is chronic -and everytime i feel like I"m beating it something else happens.
It's a vicious cycle - not happy - going to the Dr to talk to them again tomorrow.
Love to hear from you if you've had similiar issues.

nomorepanic
17-01-18, 20:47
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

tan235
17-01-18, 20:49
Not people respond here though! This is a quieter thread, but fair enough.

nomorepanic
17-01-18, 20:51
I am trying to put posts in the correct forum or we may as well not bother having any sub-forums at all :yesyes:

Fishmanpa
17-01-18, 20:53
Can anxiety and IBS make you lose weight?

Think about it.... The simple and common sense answer is a definitive YES!
Anxiety suppresses appetite and you eat less. IBS can cause your body to pass food through your system faster absorbing less nutrients.

Positive thoughts